Financial Services Recovery Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Financial Services team is looking for a Recovery Specialist to provide support and risk mitigation within the business financing space. The Square Financial Services team at Square oversees safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. You will provide support to Square merchants with needs and become a leader in loan repayment and collections efforts. You will love helping businesses grow and finding creative ways to manage risk while improving our client experience. Successful agents quickly become experts on Square Financial Services and improve the product roadmap and customer experience on a small team.
- Drive projects that improve Square Financial Services operations and surface opportunities to improve tools, workflow, and customer experience
- Conduct data analysis and report metrics on portfolio health, repayment, and recovery performance
- Monitor numerous queues for Square Financial Services merchants who are past due or in default
- Communicate with merchants by email and phone to resolve past due and default situations. You will be a customer-facing representative for the Square experience
- Use an internal escalation path for reviews requiring additional due diligence
- Resolve complex issues both autonomously and in a team environment
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML/Compliance Procedures and perform BSA/AML/Compliance Procedure responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with either a financial institution or payment provider
- Experience in direct customer-facing role
- Desire to support and take ownership of processes and projects
- SQL proficiency
- A passion for Square and customers engaging with Square products
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.