Compliance Testing & Monitoring Program Manager, EU
- Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to accept card payments. Square made taking card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal Square Online Store, Square for Restaurants, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
You will support Square's compliance mission by working side-by-side with compliance, counsel, and business personnel to foster a culture of risk management. You will report to the Compliance Testing and Monitoring Lead and will support the Global Compliance Testing and Monitoring Program. This includes testing and monitoring the operating and control environment in the UK and EU. The scope of your work will include, but will not be limited to testing compliance with European Banking Authority (EBA) requirements, Financial Conduct Authority & Central Bank of Ireland requirements, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) guidance, and AML/CFT/Sanctions laws.
- Plan, scope, document, and build repeatable, independent compliance testing reviews and monitoring activities.
- Test the adequacy and effectiveness of the operating and control environment, including policies, and systems.
- Conduct reviews and queries of multiple databases and systems.
- Develop and cultivate collaborative business relationships with partners in the UK, EU, and USA.
- Communicate compliance issues and prepare compliance reports by collecting and analyzing accurate and verifiable information.
- Help with regulatory examinations and independent reviews.
- Consult with corporate attorneys to address complex compliance issues.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable compliance laws and regulations and identify latest compliance risks.
- May participate in special projects.
- University Degree
- 4 years of experience required in regulatory compliance testing or internal audit across the EU and UK
- FinTech or financial services experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a remote team
- Experience building relationships and establishing trust and credibility with business leads, financial institution partners, and regulators through collaborative and independent projects
- Experience conducting database queries and managing multifaceted projects
- Experience testing Spanish, French, or German language documentation
- Professional Certificate or Diploma in Compliance (LCOI / ICA)
- Certified Financial Crime Prevention Practitioner (CFCPP) or CAMS Certification
- Diploma in Risk Management, Internal Audit & Compliance
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources