- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Store Planner manages in-store inventory for maximum sales results. Based on capacity, they are responsible for a balanced inventory assortment across all gender categories. The Store Planner oversees and manages the allocation of inventory to stores to align with sales demands. This position requires strong leadership and management abilities.
Essential Job Results
- Develop and manage to monthly and quarterly store demand targets by gender-brand, achieving plans within +/-10%, using min/max inventory targets and stock to sales ratios
- Develop and maintain monthly and weekly open to ship targets by store, down to gender-brand level, based on store demands
- Review store pre-allocation at gender, brand and category level 30-days after a quarterly buying period is complete; partner with Merchandise Planner and Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) to balance receipts to store sales and skus plans within +/-10%
- 45 days prior to the start of a quarter, conduct a second review of the pre-allocation, and provide adjustments necessary to balance incoming store receipts with store demands and sku plans (within +/-10%), partner with Merchandise Planner and DMM to make appropriate changes to pre-allocation and replenishment
- Set direction and weekly and monthly priorities to effectively manage a team of allocators and analysts for assigned store channel type
- Analyze and interpret weekly and monthly business data to identify sales and inventory needs.
- Communicate all allocations changes to appropriate stakeholders (e.g. buying and planning team).
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop best-in-class new store opening inventory assortments.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to fast-paced, dynamic business environment to meet deadlines.
- Superior communication skills; able to communicate persuasively, influentially and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Excel in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.
- Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Required travel: 10%
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of progressively increased responsibility spent in inventory control or allocation area of high-volume specialty retailer.
- Experience in a decision-making position and retail management.
- At least two years of experience with hiring, developing and managing a team required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.