Junior Consultant in Financial Services (Entry Level)
- Toronto St, Toronto, ON M5C, Canada
Sia Partners is a unique management consulting firm and a pioneer of Consulting 4.0. Our innovative approach has led us to welcome the disruption of AI, invest in our Data Science field, and develop consulting bots. Sia Partners is an international management consulting firm composed of 1,300+ passionate team members who provide unparalleled industry expertise. The firm delivers superior value and provides tangible results to our clients, through a network of 21 dedicated global offices. Offices are strategically located in all major global financial and energy markets allowing consulting specialists to easily partner and delivery a suite of top-flight services.
Sia Partners assists clients with a wide set of needs, some of which include business transformation, strategic deployment, financial performance, business process optimization, digitalization, risk and regulatory adherence. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable opportunities working across functions, sectors and geographies and in turn taking your career in the direction you want.
- This position is part of the Risk & Regulatory Consulting team at Sia Partners -Toronto.
- The consultant will predominately work on-site within our client network and assist leading financial service institutions.
- Communication and collaboration with internal and external bank stakeholders.
- Understand the local and global regulatory requirements to perform onboarding and AML/KYC remediation.
- Analyze existing policies, guidelines, procedures and create or developing new material as appropriate.
- Perform account information gap assessment and instigate remediation as steps as required.
- Identify and implement new regulatory rules as applicable.
- Enhance and centralize the banks onboarding policies, guidelines and procedures. This may include preparing information requests to relationship managers, retrieve customer’s documentation, account screening/transaction monitoring and compiling final remediation packages.
- Prepare information requests for relationship managers and reconcile any material lapse in customer documentation.
- Undertake various client engagements and ensure consistent delivery of superior client service, including respecting established timeframes and budget.
- Participate in the delivery of regulatory consulting projects including Quality Assurance, Risk, Regulatory, AML, KYC, Remediation, Sanctions, FCPA and FATCA.
- Develop and distribute articles on emerging regulatory topics.
- Strong academic background (e.g., Business, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering)
- Previous internship or 0 - 2 year in Finance, Compliance, Risk, Regulatory or Management Consulting.
- Outstanding team player and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to convey complex ideas to all areas of business.
- Dynamic task management skills and ability to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment and prioritize work.
- Fundamental understanding related to the financial sector and financial products.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint Skills; SQL, VBA, Coding experience considered a plus.
Please no calls, emails or additional contact for inquiry. Our HR team will be in contact with you if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. At Sia Partners, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.