Advocacy on Covid-19 response and sector recovery planning
- Hanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organisation founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
The “Market development and competitiveness enhancement for cinnamon products to promote women's economic empowerment in Lao Cai province project” – or “Spice for Equality” for short - is 2 years project being implemented by SNV. The project is part of the “Gender Responsive Equitable Agriculture and Tourism Program” (GREAT) funded by an Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Under GREAT program, SNV will support Lao Cai and Son La provinces to develop recovery plans from COVID-19 in selected sub-sectors. Sub-sectors will be assessed and prepared the recovery plan include rice, vegetables, ramie, passion fruit, medicinal plants, tea and bamboo shoot. Therefore, SNV Vietnam is looking for (a) consultant(s) who will work closely with SNV and planning bodies at provinces to implement the assignment. This assignment will cover all the districts that GREAT program has on-going activities and partners, after further consultation with local authorities, SNV team will consider expanding the scale of work to severely impacted districts if necessary.
SNV is open for EOI to develop recovery plans for Lao Cai and Son La provinces in selected sub-sectors under GREAT program, including but not limited to:
· Analyse and provide evidence on the COVID-19 impact on agriculture sector and affect to households and enterprises in Lao Cai and Son La provinces;
· Develop sector recovery plans with specific responses for each selected sub-sector.
For more details on the Expression of Interest process, submission requirements, and evaluation details, please see corresponding sections below:
Interested organisations/ consultant teams/ individuals should submit the following information/ documents via this site:
1. The applicant’s experience working at management of programs/projects related to agricultural and social development; implementing enterprises survey, reporting skills, creating new ideas and managing quality assurance output/ working with stakeholders in terms of transient poverty, livelihood transition, ability to self-recover and ability to access support enterprises;
2. Additional information on the applicant’s professional qualifications and CVs
3. Business registration certificate of the company (if any)
Deadline for EOI submissions
EOIs are due 17:00 on March 1st, 2021
· Master’s degree or equivalent in social science or relevant subject;
· A motivated self-starter with strong partnership and strong advocacy experience in the Northern context;
· Good analytical and critical thinking skills, good supportive, communication and writing skills in English;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines, and to deliver time-sensitive high-quality work.
· Demonstrated strength in written and oral communications in English and proven record in having developed or contributed to campaigns for social change, political change and fund-raising purposes;
SNV Vietnam will review all Expressions of Interest received in accordance with the guidelines and criteria in this solicitation. SNV Vietnam reserves the right to exclude any EOIs that do not meet the guidelines. Please note that SNV is unable to provide detailed feedback to those EOIs that are not selected.
Step 1: SNV Vietnam will shortlist selected EOIs, and unsuccessful respondents will be notified. Successful applicants will be contacted by SNV Vietnam.
Step 2: SNV Vietnam will release Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the specific activities and contract with the selected organization/ consultant.
Protection of Information
We request that Expressions of Interest responses be free of any intellectual property that the applicant wishes to protect. Should offerors wish to include proprietary intellectual property that they believe would be helpful for SNV Vietnam, please note the proprietary nature of such information. Costing information will be kept confidential and will not be shared beyond SNV Vietnam.
Issuance of this EOI does not constitute a commitment, award, or engagement on the part of SNV Vietnam nor does it commit SNV Vietnam to any future commitment or engagement.
Note: SNV Vietnam reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement in the EOI/or solicitation process at any time. If you have any queries, please communicate through [email protected].