Electrical and Engineering Team Lead
- GA-403, Suwanee, GA, USA
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Electrical and Engineering Team Lead - SGS North America, Inc., Suwanee, Georgia. Reviewing the design of Products for Hazardous Locations against worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx standards. This involves product constructional assessments, testing the product for compliance to the country standard requirement, and design document reviews
- Conducting tests in accordance with worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx standards.
- This includes UL 913, CSA 157, ISA 12.12.01, CSA 213, UL 844, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-0, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-6, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-7 UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-11, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-15, UL 508A, NFPA 496
- Generating reports based on review and test data. Such reports include Product Certification Listing Reports for U.S. market and ATEX/IECEx TRF Reports for the EU; Creating quality procedures and work instructions. This includes test procedures/work instructions for the Hazardous Location Testing department used by the engineers in order to maintain SGS standard of quality and for continued maintenance of the laboratory accreditations
- Creating testing procedures complying to the product safety standard, i.e., Spark Testing, and Temperature Testing that allow for repeatable results and automated to reduce human errors
- Training engineering team on product review and testing methods.
- This involves mentoring new engineers on how to assess a product according to the appropriate standards and Development and qualification for new capital investment and expansion of testing capabilities such as: Explosion Proof Testing for devices designed to operate in Explosion proof atmospheres (mines, paint spray booths, or similar hazardous environmental areas).
- Overseeing engineering team conducting test1s in accordance with UL/CSA/EN/IEC product safety standards
- Managing lab efficiencies and daily productivity, developing and implementing KPI’s for the team
- Assisting to maintain and upgrade accreditation scopes; Designing and implementation of test fixtures to increase productivity and improve safety; and Procurement of test equipment needed for lab scope expansion.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field plus five (5) years of progressive relevant experience in the job offered or in an occupation which includes required experience/skills.
- Experience must include: Five (5) years of relevant compliance laboratory experience; Five (5) years of experience with hazardous location testing laboratories safety procedures and protocols.
- Five (5) years of direct experience using laboratory test equipment including the following: experience operating digital multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Spark Ignition Chambers, Data Acquisition equipment, Water/Dust Ingress Protection test equipment; Four (4) years of experience with hazardous location protection concepts defined in the following product safety standards: UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-0, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-6, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-7 UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-11, UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60079-15; Four (4) years of experience working with certification agencies and data submittal; Three (3) years of project leadership experience in the hazardous location product categories
- Two (2) years of experience with ordinary location product safety standards in following product safety standards UL 844, UL 61010, UL 508A.
- Travel to customer sites and other company owned laboratories - Requires 20% travel, including international.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.