- Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill VIC 3168, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We are a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things, and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential
Challenging Opportunity where some travel is required to provide scientific services and technical advice.
- This person would undertake project work, providing scientific services and technical advice.
- Conduct site field work in radiation measurement and radiation protection.
- Provide advice pertaining to radiation apparatus and radioactive substances to clients.
- Understand and adhere to National and International radiation safety standards.
- Be involved in projects from beginning to end whilst ensuring client and internal deadlines are met.
- Prepare proposals and project reports.
- Assist with the preparation of quotes and tender evaluations or submissions.
- Identify and assist the Team Leader to generate increased revenue for the business unit.
- Demonstrate understanding of proposals and projects through resourcefulness and initiative when selecting content for proposals and project reports.
- You have a science degree or related experience, preferably in physics
- You will have good organisational as well as written communication skills.
- You can apply techniques of radiation monitoring
- You have a working knowledge of radiation physics and protection
- You have the confidence to communicate information clearly to clients as well as build and maintain client relationships.
- Be available for travel as required
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WE SUPPORT A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong environment in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.