Part Time Weekend Housekeeping Turndown Attendant
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
The impact you’ll make
When a guest walks into any of our rooms – imagine that first look around they take. Followed by that sigh of relief because they’ve arrived to their home away from home, be it for a night or a week, and it’s perfect. Everything is exactly in its place.
Crisp, pressed linens. Perfectly placed pillows. A sparkling mirror. Every detail adding up to an experience our guests feel great about because they know they’re in good hands while staying with us. That’s the impact you make with your efforts, which become even bigger when those experiences add up and create a loyal customer.
What you’ll do
Maintain cleanliness throughout entire hotel property to ensure high standard of guest service and satisfaction.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen.
- Inspect rooms for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly; replace batteries, light bulbs, etc. Report requests for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Make beds and fold sheets.
- Remove trash, dirty linens and room service items.
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances.
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and floor care duties.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
Must have availability on Friday and Saturday evenings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and six to twelve months related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, bending, and crawling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)