Senior Systems|Business Process Engineer (LSSBB Certified)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Red Gate is seeking a Senior Systems|Business Process Engineer to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Research and Development (RD) Program Management Office (PMO) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract. The Business Process Engineer will be responsible for assessing and improving processes (e.g., acquisition, budgeting, and testing processes) across the client organization to drive integration and innovation.
Specific duties include:
- Provides RD with specialized expertise to develop, enhance, and implement systems and processes that increase efficiency and optimize all phases of service or production.
- Oversees process design projects, and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all the processes related to producing a product, substance, or service.
- Evaluates existing processes, suggest measures for improvement, and configures systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, boost productivity, quality, and develop best practices.
- Perform administrative actions as directed.
- Work closely with the program management team to facilitate continuous process improvement
- Analyze current business processes
- Identify and assess key performance indicators/metrics associated with current business processes.
- Research and document process flows
- Identify areas for improvement and validate root cause of process deficiencies
- Develop potential solutions and courses of action
- Present research, findings, and recommendations to program management team and client
- Design process improvement plans and ensure proper implementation
- Validate results, refine approved solutions (as necessary), and transition new process to the client.
- Monitor product and/or service differentiators
- Provide expertise to advise and assist in strategic planning, policy development, and performance assessment
- Support planning and execution of biannual client organizational climate surveys, as requested; assist with analyzing survey results and support client project leads at all levels in developing and implementing action plans to address identified problems
- Conduct daily and weekly status meetings with program management team and client to discuss the progress of ongoing integration, innovation, and improvement efforts
- Masters or Doctorate degree with 15 years’ experience or Bachelors with 20 or more years’ experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, with demonstrated ability in leading change management and process improvement initiatives, preferably within the Department of Defense or within a research and development environment
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Experience leading risk management activities
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated fluency in all Microsoft programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio (or similar software applications used to diagram process flows)
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated
- Master’s degree in business or related technical discipline (e.g., finance, engineering, mathematics, or computer science)
- Prior Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) or Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDO) experience
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law