- Toronto, ON, Canada
Spirit of a startup, soul of a powerhouse
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve. By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands- the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients
The Strategy Planner is an important member of a broader Strategy team, which pursues and activates against meaningful insights with the goal of driving measurable results. The Strategy planner’s key skills-set includes deep analytical skills, math proficiency, and significant creativity, a solid understanding of consumer behavior, strong negotiation skills and great attention to detail.
- Gather and analyze marketing, industry, and consumer insights data to determine the client’s advertising and media needs
- Analyze media alternatives and make recommendations as to how to best allocate the advertising budget. Plans typically include analysis and recommendations on targeting, geography, scheduling, support level and budget.
- Work closely with account, creative, consumer insights and other senior media partners.
- The planner must also ensure that media objectives, strategies and executional guidelines are clearly communicated to media buyers.
- Develop multi-media media plans
- Present plans to the client brand group, with assistance where necessary of more Sr. media team.
- Maintain strong relationships with media suppliers and stay abreast of market conditions.
- A firm understanding of marketing objectives and strategies, the consumer – product relationship, creative strategy and consumer – media relationship.
- Campaign maintenance ensuring quality control and adherence to overall media plan objectives
- Utilization and knowledge of syndicated media, research, and other data resources
- Negotiation of media plans (non-broadcast), including maintaining vigilance around vendor commitments
- Assist in developing budget allocations across media, media mix scenarios, resulting in strategic and effective media plans
- Good understanding of client’s business and competitive landscape
- Active participation in account status meetings.
- Develop/ assist with development of POVS
- Preparation of client media performance documents
- Engaged in optimisation of online campaigns. Maintains vigilance around vendor commitments
- Active participant to the overall billing process - responsible for collecting and inputting data
- Attendance and active participant in mandatory training sessions
- Bachelor's degree; degree or concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications preferred
- 1-3 years in Media
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating
- Able to work successfully within a team, handling high volume workload, and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities & proficiency in math
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Pay range: $37-45k
Spark Foundry is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Spark Foundry, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted