Director, Partnerships and M&A
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring for an experienced, motivated, high-energy Business Development and Corporate Development professional with experience in deal making and passion for the digital advertising industry. This role is responsible for partnerships and M&A deals that will help strengthen our core platform, drive revenue growth and support geographic expansion. The successful candidate will help identify commercial and M&A opportunities, craft and drive key strategic deals and manage existing partnerships with leading and emerging players across digital advertising ecosystem. This role reports into the Vice President of Business Development; and has broad exposure and interaction with various functions including product management, engineering, data and analytics, technology and infrastructure, product marketing, legal and finance, as well as the executive leadership team.
- Identify, structure and negotiate - with minimum guidance and supervision - deals with technology, product, and other strategic partners that enable our company to scale revenue growth, open up new markets and accelerate its roadmap.
- Manage a growing portfolio of existing partnerships including deal renewals and contract extension, day-to-day relationship management.
- Serve as a liaison to the operating teams to ensure successful execution of signed partnerships.
- Track and evaluate deal performance post-transaction vs. performance targets.
- Manage growth of business needs and forecast costs of existing contracts, identify and proactively re-negotiate more favorable terms.
- Support VP of Business Development in developing proposals and conducting partner negotiations with large, high-profile strategic partners
- Identify, evaluate and lead the due diligence and deal process for M&A targets, in close collaboration with business leaders, product, finance, and legal.
- Conduct detailed business and financial analysis of the M&A opportunities, and provide recommendations to the executive leadership and the Board.
- Interface with external M&A resources (bankers, M&A laywers)
- 7+ years of experience in business development and / or corporate development in a fast, dynamic technology / internet space, is a must.
- Demonstrated track record of structuring and managing external negotiations to successful closure and delivery. Experience in contract negotiation and contract execution, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in M&A due diligence and evaluation of business / investment opportunities from the strategic, financial and operational perspectives.
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising industry and technologies, specifically, Internet advertising models cross platforms and formats, ad optimization, ad operations, and real-time bidding is a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity.
- High energy, must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities; ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is critical.
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.