NOC Engineer Fresher(On Contract)
- Baner Rd, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) have three main roles:
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
- To provision customer network services on core equipment
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner.
We interact frequently with technical support team so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications. We also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks.
Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
We don't expect you to have all the required knowledge when you join us as many of these skills can be picked up through experience in the job, but those who do need to learn new skills must be prepared to spend time doing suitable research to ensure their grounding is thorough and properly understood. As your knowledge and confidence develop you may be asked to join our shift roster providing 24x7 support on our core infrastructure and services.
Importantly, NOC engineers must have a solid understanding of PubMatic’s products and processes; they must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the PubMatic’s Monitoring Systems.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on PubMatic’s systems and networks, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Facilitate maintenance, downtimes and activity communication.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly about PubMatic own architecture and platforms.
- Tier 1 Support for infrastructure and services
- Participate in a 24x7 shift roster.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Fresher or 6-12 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good monitoring and network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Ability to handle P1 and P2 issues
PERSON SPECIFICATION: NOC ENGINEER
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT DESIRABLE REQUIREMENT QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
Network Monitoring Skills
- Knowledge of tools/commands like Traceroute, Ping, MTR, Tracepath, iptraf, route commands, ifconfig and etc.
- Linux Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Traceroute path and finding the bad host
- Basic Network Understanding and good knowledge of OSI layer
- Experience of diagnosing network and service issues, following them through to resolution.
- Basic knowledge of the OSI model, switching and internet routing technologies (to junior network administrator level).
- Understanding of different network device types like Switch, routers
- Knowledge of Network link types like electrical and optical interface
- Knowledge & understanding of Link speed types like 1 gig & 10 gig interface
- Knowledge of basic Interface issues, like interface flap and interface error
- Knowledge & understanding of Network device component failure like power supply failure
- Experience with switching and internet routing technologies.
- Sound network diagnostic skills.
- Basic understanding of network monitoring concepts and management tools.
- Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (MRTG, RRD, NAGIOS, OBSERVIUM SNMP).
Infrastructure Monitoring Skills
- Fresher or 6-12 months of experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Proven track record within a NOC,
- IT or ISP environment.
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Business Studies, Computing or relevant subject.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, command line and system diagnostics (to junior sysadmin level).
- Experience configuring internet applications such as Apache, nginx, BIND.
- Exposure to scripting basics. Experience of scripting (Perl, Bash) and other web application
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Experience of analyzing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
- Ability to assess faults, prioritize, respond and escalate accordingly.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Clear communicator (both written and verbal).
- Good technical or WIKI documentation skills.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work on own initiative. Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- ‘Can do’ attitude. Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Co-operate with other teams. Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.