- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: Secret
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Privacy Analyst to assist their client’s Privacy Officer in overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to federal and organizational policies and procedures concerning the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other sensitive information. The Privacy Analyst will be involved in the application of federally mandated privacy laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to the specific privacy requirements. The Privacy Analyst must be knowledgeable in federal privacy laws and regulations and their relationship to the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
The Privacy Analyst will mainly be responsible for performing the following tasks along with other duties to be assigned:
- Assist with periodic privacy assessments following OMB policies and NIST guidelines.
- Conduct Privacy Threshold Analyses (PTAs) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
- Create System of Records Notices (SORNs) for required programs and information systems.
- Perform studies, technical assessments, surveys, and evaluations for detecting privacy weaknesses and deficiencies and recommend appropriate safeguards.
- Perform validation testing of privacy weaknesses and deficiencies and update the documentation accordingly.
- Develop privacy policies and procedures for the client.
- Remain current with new developments in OMB policies and NIST guidelines.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency in federal government privacy programs is required.
- A demonstrated understanding of information privacy, including information access, the release of information, and implementation of control technologies as they apply to privacy information contained in electronic and non-electronic media.
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, interpersonal, time management, and written/verbal communication skills and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Policy writing background is highly preferred.
- CIPP/G/US Certification is a PLUS.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled