Software Developer - Automation
- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is seeking a Software Developer with automation experience. The Software Developer will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team working on automation of manual practices for a Telecommunications client. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as Software Developer.
- Experience developing applications for a SaaS offering (on AWS, Azure, etc)
- Advanced knowledge and experience in:
- Java, Python, SQL and Shell Scripting
- Streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka Streams, Spark)
- Docker and Kubernetes container management and orchestration
- Configuration management (e.g. Helm, Ansible, YAML)
- Design and implementation of Microservices
- Business Automation Platforms (jBPM, Camunda, etc)
- Business Rules Engine (e.g. Drools)
- NoSQL AND SQL database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- Experience with Machine Learning processes and technologies (e.g. Tensorflow, SciKit, Pytorch)
- Commercial and opensource AIOPs platforms and tools (ELK, Splunk, etc.)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!