Human Resource Business Analyst
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Are you passionate about leveraging the power of data to tell a compelling story? Do you thrive in an environment of continuous improvement? Does the idea of leveraging technology to build efficiencies get you excited? Then read on as we may have the ideal role for you!
The HR Business Analyst will support the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of HR technology solutions, with a heavy emphasis on Workday HCM solutions across the organization. This role serves as a subject matter expert for HR technology, data and processes, and will play a significant role supporting the ongoing operational management of HR systems.
- Support the continued implementation and operation of our HRIS, Workday, by applying HR process knowledge and data driven perspective to support system users.
- Participate in the development of HR technology driven process improvements by critically evaluating current HR processes and data practices. Identify and remedy data integrity concerns, and implements proper internal auditing controls to minimize risk.
- Participate in the prioritization of system enhancements that align with MLSE’s strategic direction.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed changes or enhancements to the HRIS from multiple lenses, including data management and reporting.
- Design, develop and test analytics mechanisms such as reports and dashboards that meet business requirements and are focused on enhancing the end-user experience.
- Maintain key HR operational and strategic performance metrics. Support the SVP, Human Resources in articulating those metrics to leadership teams and the organization overall.
- Establish mechanisms to facilitate end user feedback on HR technology features, incorporate feedback which will satisfy business requirements, and provide regular progress updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships within HR, IT, business users and other internal stakeholders in order to understand the business and create tailored HRIS technology solutions.
- Liaise with Workday user community to stay-up-to-date on best practices, required system upgrades and training activities.
- Champion the business use of the HR technology, working to ensure that system benefits are delivered and realized.
- Minimum 2 years related HRIS experience. Workday HCM experience required and Workday certifications strongly preferred
- Relevant university or college degree (CHRP or related designation preferable)
- Ability to influence and interpret the needs of the HR group and broader business stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple systems and communicate the story behind the numbers for leadership and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of HR processes, workflow configuration/management and process optimization
- Creative thinker with ideas that will drive efficiency and improve business processes
- High degree of accountability and pride for accuracy and data integrity
- Ability to multitask and complete work on time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to manage internal and external relationships
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive data
Please apply by: October 30, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.