Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Planning and Controls
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus robotics seeks a talented Software Engineer to join our Robotics Software team! This hire will focus on designing and developing motion planning and control planning algorithms for Locus’ multi-robot navigation system. If you enjoy working on unique solutions for a large distributed robotic system, this position is for you!
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices. We are also open to hiring anywhere remotely in Canada or the EU.
- Design, develop, and maintain components for Locus’ multi-robot navigation system.
- Solve challenging and unique problems in mobile robot planning and control in complex, indoor environments.
- Identify and tune performance in a large distributed robotic system, and architect improvements.
- 5+ years of commercial experience working with C++ or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with techniques and applications in mobile robot controls, path planning, or scheduling/optimization.
- Extensive experience debugging and profiling applications/algorithms.
- Proficiency with working in a Linux development environment.
- Familiarity with ROS and the ROS navigation stack.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer