Digital Graphic Designer (Full-Time, Temporary)
- 2695 E Dominguez St, Carson, CA 90895, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, over 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
Our fast-paced Art Department is seeking a full-time, temporary Digital Graphic Designer to conceptualize and implement design solutions for our web, e-mail and social channels. We are looking for a passionate and motivated self-starter who possesses a high degree of personal accountability, a clear sense of ownership and the ability to adapt to change quickly in a deadline-driven environment. Collaboration is a hallmark of our team at Lakeshore. You will be working with project managers, art directors, writers, marketers and leadership, so effective communication skills and the ability to convey design ideas are important keys to success. This position is remote.
A day at Lakeshore looks like this:
• Becoming an integral part of the creative team, partnering with writers and art directors to translate marketing strategies into creative ideas and bring compelling design concepts to life in our digital channels
• Developing fun and captivating motion graphics and graphic visuals that enliven our brand and deeply engage thousands of users as we continue to scale
• Brainstorming ideas and presenting concepts and WIP design to the creative team at various stages (mood boards, design, animatics, storyboards, etc.)
• Overseeing and maintaining ownership of work from concept to production, keeping project goals at the forefront of design work
• Building pixel-perfect files quickly and according to established guidelines
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• 3–5 years of successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or on an in-house marketing web team for an e-commerce business
• Strong understanding of graphic design and typography principles
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma
• Experience working with animation/motion and digital UX/UI design is helpful
• Timely knowledge of social design features and trends
• Proficiency in remote workflow tools
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to autonomously troubleshoot creative challenges and deliver on schedule
• Excellent project management skills with the confidence to ask questions and take feedback and direction
• Extreme attention to detail
When applying, please include a web link to your portfolio/reel.
And here’s our end of the bargain!
• Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
• Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
• Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
• Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
• Super-awesome annual profit bonus plan
• On-site preschool for our employees’ children
• On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
• Generous employee discount
• Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.