Human Resources Coordinator
- Lynn, MA, USA
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
The mission of all of KIPP Massachusetts schools is to create an environment where students develop the academic skills, intellectual habits, and character traits necessary to maximize their potential in high school, college, and the world beyond. Our program is based on:
A focus on high-quality instruction supported by rigorous professional development to ensure that our students develop the academic skills necessary to pursue the life they choose.
High regard for character development to ensure that our students and staff celebrate and develop their character and identity strengths.
An emphasis on family engagement, because we believe that our students are most likely to be able to maximize their potential when we work in partnership with our students and their families.
A focus on college readiness for all students so that all students can make choices about their post-secondary education and future.
What We Do
We seek to provide a world-class education for students from educationally underserved communities in Lynn and Boston. Our student demographics mirror those of neighborhood schools in terms of race, socioeconomic status, English Language Learners, and students who receive special education services.
Our promise to families is that their children will enter college and the professional world able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop the zest for learning and grit necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college and career. Our graduates will be prepared to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in Lynn and Boston.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Vision
At KIPP Massachusetts, we believe that Knowledge is Power. Every day, our team and family have the opportunity to either perpetuate systems of oppression or disrupt them. We are compelled by the ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusivity. Therefore, we continuously commit to operating as an anti-racist organization. Read more at Diversity Equity Inclusivity Vision.
Who We Are
KIPP Massachusetts began enrolling students in 2004. We currently hold two charters, operating two “districts.” Our first district, KIPP Academy Lynn Charter School, is based in Lynn, MA. Our second district, KIPP Academy Boston Charter School, is based in Mattapan, MA. Each district is housed on one or more “campuses,” which we use to refer to different grade spans, for example, elementary grades, middle school grades, or high school grades.
In Lynn, KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary (serving grades K-4), KIPP Academy Lynn Middle (serving grades 5-8), and KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate (serving grades 9-12), are all under our Lynn charter. Admission to any grade in the Lynn district is admission to all remaining grades in the Lynn district K-12. 66% of our students in Lynn are Hispanic, 23% are Black, and 11% are other races/ethnicities.
KIPP Academy Boston(serving grades K-8) operates under our Boston charter. Admission to any grade in the Boston district is admission to all remaining grades in the Boston district, K-8. 68% of our students in Boston are Black, 30% are Hispanic and 2% are other races/ethnicities.
Across both districts, in the school year, 2020-2021 KIPP Massachusetts will serve over 2,100 students.
KIPP Massachusetts is part of the nation-wide KIPP non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
KIPP Massachusetts is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all of our students, families, teachers, staff, and community members.
Human Resources Coordinator
One of KIPP MA’s highest strategic priorities is supporting our staff to recruit, develop, manage, support, and retain a diverse, high-performing staff that fulfills KIPP MA’s mission. The Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) plays a critical role by supporting and maintaining effective Human Resource systems, procedures and policies while providing outstanding customer service to leaders and staff in our schools and regional office. As a member of the Regional Office Human Resources Team, the HRC reports to the Human Resource
Director (HRD); and works closely with the Human Resource Managers (HRM), as well as other regional office and school-based staff. If successful, we will see the candidate’s work contribute significantly to our organizational culture in a way that deepens our employee commitment to this community. The ideal candidate for this role will have a general understanding of HR platforms, law, policies and procedures, and enthusiasm for initiatives that will increase the sustainability of KIPP MA’s hard-working staff.
Responsibilities of this Role
This role operates as the primary administrator for various processes and data management within the HR Department. Specifically, the HRC will coordinate general onboarding administration, offer letter, and MOU creation, PowerSchool Data entry and support, personnel file management, and coordination of intake items for the HR ticketing system (Zendesk).
Coordinate with HR Managers to ensure effective onboarding, renewal, and exiting for all staff
○ Collect all required information for onboarding and exits
○ Manage communication with staff regarding employment paperwork
○ Coordinate with School Leaders, DSOs, and employee managers for proper onboarding
procedure/schedule for new hires
○ Ensure all staff information is accurately entered in the appropriate database for new hires and exiting employees
○ Assist in providing general responses and support for benefit inquiries, elections and
○ Manage and respond to matters related to the MTRS process
○ Assist with i9 verification, SAFIS, and CORI documentation in accordance with state and federal requirements
○ Assist in the creation and distribution of offer and recommitment letters
○ Manage data entry for HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now) and ensure accuracy of all files
○ Review, assign and support staff matters in the HR ticketing system (Zendesk)
○ Provide support in the completion of Worker’s Compensation and Finance audits
○ Support the HRM in executing various reports and activities, as assigned
○ Complete employment verification letters
○ Provide support with HR data tracking systems and file management
○ Document employee license/certification data into the record system
○ Quarterly review and management of Organizational Chart
○ Ensure all personnel files are complete with all the required information and documentation
○ Ensure all sensitive information is stored properly and securely
○ Provide file management improvement opportunities in coordination with HRM
Other duties as assigned; such as but not limited to:
- General administrative tasks: mailing, campus visits, vendor relations, etc.
- Special projects: MTEL/SEI compliance support, retention data and reporting, etc.
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent staff member does the following:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students and staff throughout the school;
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture;
- Exudes joy and a love of learning every single day;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development;
- Constantly assesses progress, communicates results clearly, and uses data to inform decisions and set ambitious goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including committing to an extended workday and remaining available to colleagues, students, and families outside of school hours
Qualified candidates have the following:
● Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
● 2+ years successful experience in working with databases and records management
● Mid to High proficiency knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), required
● Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP MA students and staff
● Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple projects at once and produce high quality work
● Sound judgment; ability to handle sensitive employment information with discretion and
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills required to work with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and needs
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Experience in nonprofit setting or K-12 education (preferred)
● Highly motivated and self-directed learner
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at [email protected] Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
- Submit your resume and application through our online job board at https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/KIPP/massachusetts
- The KIPP MA Recruitment Team will select candidates to move forward to the phone interview stage.
- Following the phone interview, the KIPP MA team will invite qualified candidates to interview with KIPP MA School or Regional Office Teams.
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.