Retail Store Team Member
- 600 N 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Marketing
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side® with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. The Link Snacks, Inc., family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as one of our part-time Retail Store Team Members! We're hiring in our Wildside retail store located in the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis!
If you like talking jerky, interacting with the public during Timberwolves and Lynx basketball games (and other Target Center events), and get a chuckle out of our clever Sasquatch merchandise, this part-time role might be a perfect fit!
As a Retail Store Team Member, you will help ensure that the Wildside Retail Store vision, values and procedures are performed to standard and in a positive way while helping to drive sales and deliver amazing customer service. In this role you are encouraged to show your uniqueness and to be yourself while helping to deliver an amazing product, brand and vision to Jack Link’s fans and customers!
Specifically, you will:
- Be a Jack Link’s product expert and showcase your ability to “talk jerky."
- Promote product sampling, attain feedback from customers, provide fun customer experiences by the Sasquatch photo area, up-sell at the register and request/attain customer information.
- Help perform and lead the day-to-day operation of the store including the delivery of customer service, stocking and displaying merchandise, maintaining overall appearance of the store, ringing sales and cash handling.
- Help achieve store goals and objectives as requested
- Solve customer issues in a timely fashion
- Help to train new store members once comfortable in position
- Solves guest and store issues in a timely fashion.
- Arrive and depart work as scheduled unless otherwise requested by store leadership
- Responsible for all store funds while on shift by enforcing all cash handling policies
- Assist the Associate Retail Store Leader with banking and accounting duties as needed.
- Perform duties associated with opening and closing the store
- Inventory Management including receiving of merchandise, placing store orders and cycle counts.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, experience and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to Take Ownership
- One year of prior retail/restaurant experience or applicable customer service experience
- Store Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and weekends/evening availability as needed for Target Center Events.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Some leadership or supervisory experience or training in a work, volunteer or team-type environment. (preferred)
- Exemplary Customer Service and Sales results.
- Ability to create a positive and productive working environment.
- Basic cash handling, inventory and expense management skills.
- Knowledgeable in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Point of Sale systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).