Director of Sales – Foodservice & Alternate Channels
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Minneapolis
Running with Sasquatch is more than just a clever marketing campaign. As a Jack Link’s team member, Running with Sasquatch means we roll up our buffalo plaid sleeves and do the hard work first. We don’t shy away from challenges. In fact, we push hard and take risks. True to our North Woods roots, we're a bunch of ordinary people who accomplish extraordinary things by driving results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency. Like our awesome protein products, we have an unwavering passion for quality, and you won’t find anything artificial here. What you see is what you get… authentic, humble and fun people who Run with Sasquatch!
Running with Sasquatch takes a team. We invite you to run with us, succeed with us, and celebrate with us. Most importantly, Feed Your Wild Side with us on our journey to be the dominant global leader of branded protein snacks!
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Still family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and operates a total of 11 manufacturing and distribution facilities in four countries. Jack Link’s produces high-quality, great-tasting protein snacks that feed the wild sides of consumers around the world. Jack Link's Protein Snacks family of brands includes Jack Link's, Lorissa's Kitchen, World Kitchens Jerky, Bifi and Peperami.
Come Run with Sasquatch as Our Director of Sales Foodservice and Alternate Channels! In this role, you will own the sales process from identifying new business, cultivating relationships with customers and distributors, and executing sales, program and innovation that will drive growth to meet the goals of Jack Links’ business plan. Additionally, you will report to the VP of Sales, Small Format Channels and lead a team of National Account Managers (NAM’s) who manage the Foodservice and Alternative channel distributors and brokers to deliver assigned customer Revenue, Trade Fund, Selling Expense and Profit goals. This is a highly-visible role accountable for identifying and opening new channels and accounts that meet the criteria for profitable growth.
Specifically, you will:
- Execute the strategy of the Foodservice and Alternative Channels to deliver on AOP goals
- Identify, engage and open new channels and accounts, with emphasis on Foodservice segments such as K12, Vending, Hospitality, Colleges/Universities, and Entertainment.
- Manage team’s trade spending to drive profitable business, including use of trade promotion management system
- Review sales progress, strategies and business opportunities and develop plans to correct any business shortfall
- Collaborate with internal functions to develop customer specific programs/items/POS to build the business
- Utilize data and analytics to review business performance, identify business opportunities
- Understand and utilize P&L’s to drive financial performance, including managing A/R and Deductions
- Accountable for the development and accuracy of sales forecast by market and product to drive production planning
- Provide business updates to Senior Sales Management on sales results/opportunities
- Understand and report back on competitive landscape and activity
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, experiences and skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in high-level foodservice sales with customers and distributors, including broker management
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Entrepreneurial thinking and understands how to use data to sell
- Outstanding organizational, presentation, and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well on their own, and also collaborate with cross-functional internal and external teams
- Travel 50-75%
- Ideally this position would be based in Minneapolis, MN, however, not required.
- Prior experience in HQ Selling, Sales Planning, Sales Strategy or Distributor Development role
- Prior experience commercializing innovation for Foodservice or Alternate channel customers
- Prior experience calling on DOT, Vistar, Compass/Foodbuy, Aramark, etc
- Master’s Degree in business related field
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.