Plant Controller at Gevalia
- Drottninggatan 55, 803 20 Gävle, Sweden
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We´ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that´s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. Enjoyed in over 80 countries, our 12,000 passionate coffee champions are delivering our vision: a coffee for every cup.
True coffee democracy begins here with all of us. Coffee is at the heart of life. It is with us at the big moments and the small. It’s an expression and enjoyment of personal taste and everyone should be free to enjoy their coffee their way. So why don’t you join us? And be a part of something amazing…
Gevalia is part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts since 2017 and operates in the city of Gävle, Sweden. We have a 100-year old heritage of roasting coffee in Gävle. Friele, based in Bergen, Norway is part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts since 2015, and have a 200-year old heritage of making coffee.
The Plant Controller is responsible for all financial planning & analysis and control activities for the plant; including AOP planning, monthly management reporting & analysis, capital expenditure and fixed asset accounting. The role is the Finance Business Partner to the Plant Leadership Team, and as such, is also leading one of the continuous improvement pillar of Material & energy; reporting to the Cluster Controller Multi Serve Single Serve and dotted line to the local Plant Manager. We are looking for a person that will be part of the improvement journey for the factory and take the lead in driving improvements.
This is a Nordic controller role with a focus on the Plant in Gävle, you will also work closely with the Plant Controller for Bergen, some travel to Bergen will be required.
We offer you a role in an active team where your opinion is important. You are person that can challenge and take the lead in improvement work. The commitment and activities at the factory are extensive right now and we are looking for a person who steps in and deals with them in an innovative and dynamic way.
Responsibilities / Key activities:
- Lead the preparation of clear and complete annual budgets, engaging and challenging other departments as required.
- Ensure clear reporting of forecast data across the plant and upwards into Cluster management and Global Operations, completing all required consolidation files and presentations.
- Monthly Management Reporting
- Ensure the plant operates strong month end closing routines in order to provide timely and accurate reporting in SAP and BPC systems.
- Provide robust analysis and commentary within MMR excel and powerpoint files to explain the finance performance and variances vs AOP.
- Cost Control
- Consistently deliver a strong set of cost control monitoring, to allow clear comparisons of costs vs budget.
- Highlight material deviations in a timely way, ensuring that corrective actions are identified and implemented as necessary.
- · Forecasting
- Ensure a robust bottom-up process for providing a monthly forecast of the revised FY outlook, including all significant impacts from volumes / coverage, material productivity and cost control.
- · Capital Expenditure and Fixed Asset Accounting
- Support the Capital Manager to ensure that all Capital Expenditure Requests are prepared in a thorough and appropriate way, with all relevant financial data provided and validated.
- Support the Capital Manager in planning and tracking expenditure against the plant’s annual Capital plan.
- Ensure that Fixed Assets are managed in line with the required policies and internal controls - ensuring timely capitalization, depreciation and disposal as appropriate.
- · Projects
- Initiate and stimulate cost improvement projects across the plant.
- Drive standardization, quality and ongoing improvement in the finance signature processes such as budget process, Capex process, Monthly Management Review process etc…
- · Internal Controls
- Perform all required internal controls.
- Engage in ongoing review of controls environment, highlighting risks and concerns as appropriate.
- · CBM
- The local role of the Plant Controller and the responsibilities of that position are in line with the CBM detailed design and is strictly complying with the CBM regulations.
- · Continuous Improvement
- As a member of the Plant Leadership Team you will actively participate in the Excellence Global Program of Continuous improvement, leading one of the pillars and acting as role model of safety, quality and “Defects & losses” detection.
- Bachelor of Business Management/ Economy degree or similar fields
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position; (taking into account that is leadership role)
- A curious mindset, and always keen to challenge the status quo with a strong team ethics
- Communication adapting style & strong analytical mindset
- Experience in driving change and improvements
- Knowledge of Internal Controls & budgeting process
- Experience with cost price calculations, investment calculations
- Knowledge of SAP & strong PC literacy, preferably with advanced Excel skills
- Fluent in Swedish & English level
- Nice to have
- FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) experience
- Knowledge of IFRS. (international finance reporting standards)