Intellectual Property Leader – Range & Product Development
- Älmhult, Sweden
At Range & Product Development we are enabling outstanding customer value through world class capabilities in design, engineering, innovation and range and product management to strengthen all parts of the IKEA democratic design process.
The Innovation team aims to explore and innovate new solutions that strengthen the IKEA range and products, including new product segments and functionality while securing capacities to develop, validate and deploy new revolutionary innovation on the market.
Organisationally you are part of Range & Product Innovation team, but the assignment is dedicated to the area of digital Intellectual Property (IP) and Patent and Home Smart, a business unit working with smart electronic solutions for the home, such as wireless control of lighting and sound, wireless power, air purifying etc.
You will be an integrated part in business projects to mitigate IP risks, handle IP questions connected to standards, and capture IP opportunities, leading the cases all the way from the start to finish – from IP creation to exploitation. You will be responsible for aligning the goals of IKEA's IP strategies with the Home Smart strategy based on the business preconditions.
Part of the job is to ensure and maintain a good cooperation with and between core areas.
In this role you work in close collaboration with the IP and patent team, the business owners and the legal counsels in order to lead the IP function for business unit Home Smart.
In order to successfully fill this position, the IKEA values reflect upon your values, we believe that you share the IKEA vision and business idea and that:
You have a university degree in engineering. You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience as an in-house IP leader or as a Patent attorney and/or in an international legal or IP environment. You have a solid understanding of intellectual property and in particular a deep understanding of the complexity of patents. You have extensive experience of intellectual property work and in a global business setting.
Furthermore, we see that you have proven knowledge and experience in:
- Confidence to deal with complex situations together with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience from senior positions within intellectual property
- In-depth patent knowledge, preferably you are a European Patent Attorney
- Engineering background with a broad technical understanding, specifically within electronics or computer science
- Understanding of how IP affects and influences the business environment
- Thorough understanding of legal and contractual aspects of international business
- Passion for intellectual property as a business asset
- An ability to see the big picture combined with analytical skills and an eye for details
- Skilled in translation of business needs into business models, and business models into contracts
- Experience of navigating in a patent intense business and managing Freedom to operate work
- It is important that you find it exciting and that you are energized by working in a team of complementing competencies
We offer a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment where we both give and take responsibility. You will have the chance to grow with us professionally and individually. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with and support stakeholders and colleagues as well as share your knowledge with people in a global and dynamic context.
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest September 19th, 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Hiring Manager Robert Carleke at +46 70967537. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Jakob Bergström, +46 70-147 48 90.