Project Leader - New Business & Innovation Deployment(SH)
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
About the assignment
• Identifying & evaluating new opportunities, mapping of new suppliers, creating a business case and starting up a new supplier.
• Establish & develop high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet the needs of our business and customer
• Negotiating & translating the IKEA vision to supplier to invest in greenfield projects
• Aims for the wished position of being the preferred business partner for existing and new IKEA suppliers
• Optimize our value chain that can make better products and service at lower total cost for the many people.
• Act as One IKEA Purchasing along our core processes, together with relevant functions and people contributing towards IKEA business objectives.
• Overall responsible for supplier performance and relationship
• Responsible for building professional and long term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
• Professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan
• Pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations to Sourcing Assignment
• Lower total cost at supplier level through optimizing value chain
• Partner with suppliers to continuously increase the competitiveness through new purchasing possibilities such as new technology, new material and/or production techniques
• Lead the business agenda by involving & engaging competence needed such as logistics, quality, manufacturing, sustainability, etc..
• Secure compliance to IKEA Purchasing Manual and other agreed working methods
• Identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs
• When responsible for 'Product Development / Innovation Supplier', contribute to the product development process
• Contribute to Product Improvement
you should have:
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
Good knowledge of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially IKEA Purchasing Strategy
Good understanding of IKEA Business model and IKEA Business model for growth
Deep understanding of relevant Category Plans
Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design
Deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions and macroeconomics trends
Deep knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production
Deep knowledge of Supplier Development Process (SDP); Knowledge of One Common Business Plan Process, IKEA Purchase Development Process (PDP), Develop Product Offer Process (DPOP)
Good knowledge of IKEA Business Year cycle and Governance structure
Deep knowledge of IKEA Purchasing Manual
Good finance knowledge
Strong negotiation skills
Legal knowledge (understanding of purchase agreement package)
Understanding of IKEA Group Code of Conduct and
IKEA Business Ethics
Project Management Experience
Fact based leadership
Independent decision Making
• Home furnishing knowledge and experience
• Purchase or business experience in working with Total Cost Approach
• Experience in supplier development
• Understanding of IKEA business model and total cost approach in IKEA.
• Knowledge of supply chain and value chain analysis methodology
• Knowledge of IKEA main processes (DPOP, SDP, PDP e.g.) Project Management experience
• Indirect leadership
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us!
In East Asia we’re on an exciting journey of expanding our business by adding new suppliers & categories and strengthening our existing suppliers.
If you like challenges and really making a difference, maybe this journey is for you!