Customs Operational Support Centre Manager
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
The Customs Operations Support Center (COSC) Manager leads the day-to-day import and export operations to ensure the efficient and accurate transmission of data to all required agencies. The COSC Manager makes sure that the workflow is organized in an optimal way to secure necessary compliance with a high level of internal control.
In this role, you will work to ensure compliant operational practices in support of a dynamic supply chain, while helping to promote a vibrant Customs organization that strives to be a trusted resource to all stakeholders. As an integral part of the Customs Management Team, the COSC Manager works to protect the IKEA brand through best practices and helps facilitate the realization of the IKEA vision to make a better everyday life for the many people.
Your main tasks will include:
- Secure efficient and effective controls to internal and external rules and regulations
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with local and global requirements
- Lead and Develop the Customs Operations Team in accordance with the principle of leading business and people together
- Ensure that the local activities are organized in an optimal way for efficiency, internal control and support toward each country assigned to the regional Customs Operations Support Center
- Take active part in the development of the customs IT landscape and provide support in the establishment and implementation of related system updates
- Ensure local competence level in accordance with responsibilities including back-up and succession planning
- Interface with other key IKEA departments impacting Customs functions/operations
- Contribute to regional/global development to support projects and establishment of working methods
- Prepare departmental KPIs/Metrics for forecasts, timely transmissions, documentation, and Customs clearance
- Actively identify and manage risks related to customs operations
You have an extensive and demonstrable Customs knowledge (procedures, regulations, valuation, classification and origin etc.). You have Leadership skills and are eager to develop yourself and your co-workers. You have an organized way of working, are eager to drive change and find optimal working practices. Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes in collaboration with all organizational levels You thrive in a diverse and global environment and have strong communication skills with fluency in English (written and oral)
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
The position is in Älmhult, please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English as soon as possible. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role under message to Hiring Manager Graham Alexander Main, If you have any questions regarding this the role or recruitment process, please contact Cajsa Jensen Strandh, .
Please note that we will continuously look at applications so don't delay, make sure to show us your interest in the role as soon as possible, and by 26th of July at the latest. We look forward to receiving your application!