- Älmhult, Sweden
At IKEA we are guided by our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. This demands we need to dare to try new things and do them a bit differently. We are on the journey to transform our digital capabilities, bringing core business processes, people, data & technology together - an enabler for IKEA to become an even better home furnishing retailer in the future. A journey that needs passionate people who embrace change, dare to question and want to make a difference.
Communication is a vital part of our business. None of our digital capabilities would come to life without communication. When people are inspired and passionate about what they do and know why they do it, business can be really successful. This is where you come in!
We are currently looking for a Communication leader with the capability to plan and prepare concise communication that will engage and inspire the many across total IKEA and beyond, enabling us to lead Digital through communication.
About the assignment
As a Communication leader you act as a partner to leaders within Business and Data & Technology, contributing to the Digital journey we are on. Together with a team of people you work cross-functional to enable transparent and inspiring communication across Inter IKEA, also very much contributing to better learning and understanding of how data & technology can enable business movements.
Moreover, you develop, implement, and follow up on communication plans and activities. We are now looking for a Communication leader that truly sees data & technology as a natural part of the business and have the capability to connect across the organisation to lead and enable the Inter IKEA digital communication network assignment.
As Communication leader you will together with colleagues:
- Drive the communication agenda: identify business needs and key messages and develop communication plans to meet the short- and long-term needs.
- Coach and support co-workers and leaders in communication matters and oversee the development of the total information landscape including all channels.
- Secure a transparent and sustainable information/communication flow throughout Inter IKEA and to the many stakeholders across the IKEA network as well as with external partners.
- Contribute to a shared communication agenda and identify opportunities for alignment within a function, across units and across the IKEA network.
- Lead content planning and development for all meetings during the year cycle.
- Develop change communication plans for various levels of organisational change and support leaders to enable change.
- Secure execution of communication-related training activities.
As a person, you are flexible and gets energized by working both independently and in partnership cross-functionally and appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice. You easily build trust and strong working relationships across a wide diversity of people. You know the value of sharing the business deliverables to the many to create attention and engagement. You have high integrity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way. You are able to influence others on all levels in the organisation and drive decisions and consensus. Moreover, you have a desire to find new, simpler ways and make them happen by inspiring and motivating people. Last but not least, you have a genuine interest for digital and is a firm believe that communication is one key enabler for a better business.
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- Proven advanced training in Communications or equivalent and 5+ years of internal communications experience.
- Extensive knowledge in developing communication do enable change journeys, create learning and understanding and inspire people through story telling
- The ability to “hit the ground running”, quickly gaining up to date knowledge of the IKEA corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure the accurate representation of the IKEA brand.
- Proactive attitude in problem solving and hands-on approach when necessary
- The capability to work with complex problems and translate into communication with IKEA tone of voice.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the IKEA processes and organisations.
- Strong knowledge in IKEA leadership with the capability to inform, inspire and empower others and create sense of togetherness, belonging and trust within a team.
- Fluency in English.
About the company
Inter IKEA Group brings together three core businesses: Franchise, Range & Supply. Together we work constantly to improve the IKEA home furnishing offer and make it more accessible for the many people. We are now establishing a Data & technology department in Core business Range, with the assignment to lead by holding together data & technology in the core business. All with the purpose to enable business movements. This position is employed in Core business Range with the assignment to work with Digital across Inter IKEA.
At IKEA we have a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities.
We offer you a position in a fast paced, truly global environment with endless opportunities with a lot of exciting work tasks in a fun, friendly and highly competent team.
Ready for that change?
Don’t wait, send us your application in English no later than August 8th!
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Caroline Ramstedt, Communication manager Inter IKEA digital, at [email protected]
Please note that during the summer it might take us a bit longer to answer due to vacations.