Category Analyst - Ocean(SH)
- Shanghai, China
Purpose of job
The purpose of the job is to provide and manage skill set required in order to work within the established department framework, supporting procedures, providing intelligence and technical support as well as quality standards governing the purchase, development and execution of contracts and services. The scope is global looking into the SPs’ performance development with an end to end approach.
- Follow-up and analyse business on monthly basis (KPI) on global, regional, route and carrier level. Identifies and proposes corrective actions where needed
- Contribute to setting of Category goals, identifies priorities and improvement potentials through analytics, creates awareness and provides guidance towards achieving the goals
- Provide business and market intelligence in the category dimension to support the overall business development. Acts as a representative towards Business Navigation, Supply Chain Network Design and Capacity Planning
- Contribute to the development of relevant procurement and operational processes and ways of working Development of sourcing optimisation tool (CSO) in capacity as global super user. Support global tender process and sourcing negotiations.
- Provides and manages skill set required to implement contract management and technical support, strategic engagement.
- Lead or contribute to projects or global assignments. Can handle additional assignments outside the scope of this document
- Provide assistance to Category Management in developing management strategies, secures business “visibility” in multiple dimensions, etc.
- Liaise with Business Developers and Service Provider Operation Developers to support the development of Category plans.
University degree in logistics, economics, business administration, IT programmer or relevant working experience
Good knowledge of IKEA Supply Chain processes
Experience in developing ways of working
Project management experience
Good presentation and communication skills both in writing and verbal
Worked with KPIs, numbers and analytics
Knowledge of all of the IT systems associated with IKEA transportation
Computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge & understanding of transport industry
Fluency in English
- The IKEA values reflect personal values
- A passion for optimising the process that is inspired by co-workers, customers and business
- Enjoy interacting with internal/external stakeholders, is able to build a network and utilise it in order to contribute to the end goal
- Growing the IKEA business together through improving competence
- A desire to constantly improve and become better