Technical Project Leader
- Älmhult, Sweden
What is IKEA Communications
IKEA Communications is where the IKEA offer comes to life in communication that inspires the many people. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working when developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about business & people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we are able to choose where, when and how we work.
Here it is. Your chance to join IKEA Digital Lab and a wild journey into new worlds, new realities - virtual and unchartered.
Since 2005 the digital team at IKEA Communications, using 3D, have offered IKEA a unique possibility for efficiency in content creation and production. Lately this advantage has created the opportunity to explore Virtual Reality as a new way to interact and co create with colleagues and customers.
Now IKEA Communications is taking the next step into the future for IKEA, setting up IKEA Digital Lab where the exploration of new technologies can continue. The target is to find, evaluate and - if deemed relevant - develop the new technology and applications emerging in the consumer interface.
The Digital Lab will consist of a small collaborative team that will investigate and evaluate new technologies towards IKEA needs and also continue to build a global network for IKEA with innovators, universities and other research and development environments. In the assignment is also the task of knowledge transfer when technology is decided to be used as a solution in IKEA.
Would you like to accompany us on this journey? Please keep on reading!
Right now we’re looking for a Technical Project Leader. Someone with an innovative mind and lateral thinking. Someone who think virtual worlds are cool but helping real people is even better. That someone who knows why robots and pie go well together and why pointclouds on a sunny day does not matter at all.
As team member of the IKEA Digital Lab, you will plan projects & processes that explore and evaluate new technology and its possibility to improve IKEA customer och co-worker user experience.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead several projects and activities simultaneously, within IKEA Digital Lab.
- Manage assignment within scope, time and cost frame, applying relevant project management methods and tools.
- Lead and/or co-ordinate people from different organizations.
- Secure documentation, information and communication to stakeholders.
- Be part of creating legal agreements and setting up collaborations with external experts and innovators in explorations of technical solutions.
To be successful in the role, we think you have:
- Deep Interest for the future of Real Time Graphics (VR/MR/AR).
- Good knowledge of project management processes including methods,tools and agreements; scope, time, cost, risk, quality, communication and how to integrate these processes.
- Ability to handle 15-25 parallel projects in different levels of development.
- Good understanding of IKEA business processes.
- Good understanding of Information Technology and different production models.
- Experience in leading people and team development.
We look forward to receiving your application(in English) and link to previous work, as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you. Please state in your application which of the areas of expertise that you have the most experience and passion.
Please note that the advertised position is in placed in Älmhult,Sweden.
This position was posted 2018-02-26 and may be online up to 2 weeks following this date. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
To know more about IKEA Communication Digital Lab please click here : https://vimeo.com/243860738 . If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Digital Lab manager Martin Enthed via https://se.linkedin.com/in/martinenthed