Commissions Manager (Remote)
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team
insightsoftware is looking for an experienced Commissions Manager to be a key member of the Accounting team for this fast-growing financial technology company based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
What will you do?
- Maintain and update CaptivateIQ, our commission automation tool
- Communicate with Sales Operations regarding compensation agreements and structure
- Process and reconcile monthly commissions
- Communicate with the various sales teams regarding their commissions
- Review and analyze commissions for outliers and trends
- Create standards and processes surrounding the commission accounting processes
- Work with the commissions team to effectively and accurately get commissions paid
- Work with the integrations team to strategize aligning commissions for incoming groups (Act as the functional leader for commissions in acquisition transitions)
- Record monthly accruals and deferred commissions expense in accordance with US GAAP.
- Reconcile commission general ledger accounts and commission vs actuals
- Support recently acquired subsidiaries commission accounting discovery and system integration
- Communicate with Accounting and Finance for all commission accounting questions
- Supports month end close and audit related tasks
- Supports commission acquisition transition tasks
- Provide commission review backup and monthly CaptivateIQ calculation spot audits
How will you do it?
- Organization and Planning – Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities
- Drive and Discipline – Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on getting the job done
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Communication - Communicate effectively with customers and internal cross-functional partners, creating promoters at every touchpoint
- Teamwork - Work cross-functionally to achieve team and individual goals
- Attention to Detail - high-level attention to minute details to ensure accuracy
- Perseverance - Demonstrate focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- 3+ years of experience with a commission automation platform
- 5+ years of commission analyst experience
- 3+ years of commission management experience
- Intermediate+ Microsoft Excel experience
- Intermediate+ NetSuite experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or a related field
- 2+ years of staff accounting experience
- Exceptional work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively
- Self-starter who can take on responsibility with little oversight
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Experience with CaptivateIQ and other commission management tools
- Familiar with deferred commissions and amortization schedules
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **