Sales Executive (Events & Digital)
- De Entree, 1101 Amsterdam, Netherlands
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Food ingredients is an incredibly exciting market segment, with phenomenal long-term growth forecasts. The Sales Executive is a trusted business partner to our valued global Food clients – helping companies in this industry achieve their (digital) marketing and commercial objectives, including:
· Driving business and selling event & digital marketing solutions to our clients
· Building and nurturing relationships with target decision-makers
· Developing a deep understanding of business opportunities, challenges and markets relevant to the Food industry
· Translating the needs of our Accounts into live event, virtual event & digital proposals
· Proactively target and sell to clients
· Maintain & grow diversified revenue streams
· Adoption of Sales Excellence pipeline process
· Play an active part in identifying sales opportunities
· Master and maintain knowledge of clients’ business, competition, and latest industry news and trends. Proactively find new ways to grow accounts
· Utilize Solution Selling / Value Based Selling
· Previous experience in B2B (event) media sales, marketing agency sales, or digital/online product sales, with a history of achieving KPIs. Food industry experience a plus.
· Familiarity with live event & digital business models and online marketing trends
· Full scope of Business Development and Sales Skill Excellence across a variety of tasks – i.e. cold calling, networking, pipeline development, needs analysis, objection handling, value proposition development, presentation & public speaking, cost benefit analysis, proposals, negotiation, strategic account management
· SalesForce or like CRM tool
· Advanced English abilities required
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- You are entitled to 24 days' paid holiday per year, plus one day's paid holiday for your birthday, extra time given at certain bank holidays, and the chance to earn a free day's holiday through charity fundraising
- We offer colleagues net reimbursement for commuting travel. We will reimburse actual costs for public transport
- The official Social Committee is very active in organising social, wellness, diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Monthly AMSTAR awards recognise outstanding colleague contributions with a €100 voucher
- On 5 years of service, you will receive 25% of your gross monthly salary, 10 years = 50% on an increasing scale
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.