Manufacturing Production Associate I
- 56 Air Station Industrial Park, Rockland, MA, United States
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Corporate Profile
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenue totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has nearly 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
ITW is a great employer with a distinct culture that empowers our people to think and act like entrepreneurs within ITW’s strategic framework. This decentralized, entrepreneurial culture is one component of the powerful and highly differentiated ITW Business Model. Commitment to our core values, safety and our culture is a competitive advantage for the company, and we are committed to fully leveraging its strength.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America, Inc. offers expanded sealants solutions to various industries and its key markets including construction (roofing, surfacing, metal building, and fenestration), aerospace composites and wind energy. Our brands with a proven history of success include ERSystems®, Permathane®, Tacky Tape®, STA’-PUT®, Pacific Polymers®, Acryl-R®, Miracle®, and Elastek®.
ITW Polymers Sealants North America
Polymers Sealants North America (https://itwsealants.com/), a subsidiary of ITW, is a leader in sealants, coatings, and adhesives for the Commercial Construction, Military Marine, and Aerospace industries. The division has 6 locations across the United States, with leadership in the Irving and Houston, TX facilities.
The Mixer Compounder position is responsible for performing duties to manufacture product. This includes working from batch tickets, established procedures and regulations, operating several mixers, weighing and measuring equipment.
- Prepare vessels and equipment for processing by cleaning vessel, setting all valves in correct position and checking all support equipment.
- Charge ingredients into mixing vessels by operating valves on feed lines or pouring from small containers according to the batch ticket.
- Monitor blending process and at specified intervals draw samples and deliver to quality lab for testing.
- Assemble, fill and label drums and totes for shipment. Complete all necessary documentation.
- Use forklift truck and other materials handling equipment to bring in raw materials and to move drums and totes to and from storage areas.
- Follow government regulations, maintain & clean equipment and machines using proper disposal for cleaning materials, waste materials or products.
- Perform department housekeeping to keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Hook up and monitor unloading of tank cars and tank trucks.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to resolve problems practically, involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate in English: read, write and speak.
- Ability to read and interpret technical directions.
- Ability to use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Competence in math computation necessary (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to tolerate considerable exposure to chemicals.
- Ability to interpret SDS's and understand Hazardous Identification System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum one (1) year manufacturing experience, preferably as a batch operator in an industry related environment required. Three (3) or more years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.