Director of Data Science- AI/ML
- 1300 Clairevue Boulevard West, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec, Canada
- Sub department: AI/ML
ISAAC Instruments designs and manufactures technological solutions that enable truck fleets to improve performance, productivity, compliance and safety.
Incorporated in 1999, ISAAC maintains a leading position as a supplier in the fleet management solution market in Canada. The company is actively developing the Internet of Trucks™, by connecting more objects aboard the truck, and using big data so transporters can gain business intelligence and meet business objectives.
ISAAC Instruments benefits from sustained growth and has received several awards and nominations throughout the years, all of which are a testimony to its innovative character and its contribution to reducing fuel consumption of vehicles.
As the Director of Data Science – AI/ML, you will be part of the R&D group and work in close collaboration with the product team. You will be responsible for the vision, strategy and roadmap for data experiences. You are a business-minded leader with strong technical knowledge in data analysis, modelling, architecture, and artificial intelligence.
Your role will be to help ISAAC transform data into insights that solve clients’ problems and help them make informed decisions. In collaboration with cross-functional leaders, you will identify data opportunities, research approaches, and develop data strategies.
You have prior experience with growing a data team. You will identify gaps in talent and knowledge and devise a hiring plan to support our data projects and best serve our clients. Your strong ability to coach, mentor, engage and support team members will enable them to achieve and deliver on business and product goals.
- Identify key hypotheses, plan, and execute appropriate experiments
- Advise on product features and improvements with thoughtful analysis
- Participate in setting the future direction of data strategy and processes, including intake sources, database design and structure, data integrity and database tools
- Transform data and information into insights that inform high-level strategy and tactical decision-making in support of revenue and profitability objectives
- Oversee the internal and external application/tool development, integration, and support for AI/ML
- Participate in defining formal data governance approaches and increase the maturity of the enterprise data capability and environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative role (data analysis, data engineering, data science)
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience with ML, Python/R, and databases (relational, non-relational, and time series)
- Knowledge of data ingestion tools such as Hadoop, Spark, or any analytics engine for large-scale data processing
- A track record of creating and implementing data strategies
- Knowledge on how to build business cases and evaluation frameworks for data-driven products through commercial, ethical, and technical sustainability lenses
- Ability to drive change in fast moving, complex environments with multiple competing priorities
- Proven experience facilitating discussions between technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- SaaS model experience
- IoT technology experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Bilingualism (English & French)
Contributors are at the center of ISAAC’s interests and values. This explains the numerous benefits of working at ISAAC, namely:
- Varied career opportunities
- A stimulating work environment focused on innovation
- Enthusiastic and collaborative teams
- Competitive salaries and benefits that promote work-life balance: a complete group insurance plan, group RRSP, EAP, flexible hours, 4 weeks vacation, etc.
- Various social activities, free snacks and coffee every day.