Store Commercial Activity Leader
- Puebla, Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
To optimise sales and create sustained long-term profitability by generating more traffic to the IKEA store and IKEA website by using all available internal and external media.
You drive the vitality calendar in the store and online in your market.
You work in collaboration with the commercial team to lead and implement successfully the commercial calendar throughout the store and online. You do this by using your knowledge of the IKEA product range, the local market, competition, IKEA customers and the experience and expertise of your colleagues. Optimise the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales.
Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the store.
- Take responsibility for the commercial calendar and activities goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities are implemented in your store. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- Ensure the activity medias are always in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels (online, offline) and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Secure the vitality of the IKEA store and IKEA website in all media by working closely with your store commercial team and using good examples from other stores to ensure customers feel inspired to visit the store more frequently.
- Ensure a qualitative and efficient implementation of the activities brief in your store and online through clear communication and secure that all functions take responsibility for delivering their part.
- Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure the IKEA Brand is relevant locally throughout the different sales channels.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the market, consumers, how people live, competition, IKEA product range and services, national priorities, volume commitments. You will use this information to add to, support and drive the store commercial calendar.
- Analyse your activity performance: identify successful activities, solutions and ideas, and use this information to improve your planning of future activities.
- Understand the impact of your actions and activities on the financial results of the store and know which results you have influence over.
- Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all channels by ensuring that your department is always striving to fulfil the three IKEA customer motivators: "Is it worth it?", "Can I trust IKEA", "Is there something for me?
- Lead and communicate the commercial calendar and store activity plan to your store colleagues in a way that motivates them to take ownership for their part in achieving the overall goals.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the medias and product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions) for all the activity medias.
- Ensure the preparation of the sales spaces in the store for a better goods, and at the same time allow the rest of our sales team to focus on serving customers.
- You recruit your team through IKEA values. Identify what skills are needed now and, in the future, to achieve the objectives in your team role. Identify the motivations and capabilities that will compliment your existing team.
- You develop your team and its individual members and ensure you have a succession in place.
- To secure the retail foundation and have the ability to coach and support the sales co-workers in respect of the functional review.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
- The right attitude and behaviour to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Ability to create a high commercial performance.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused service industry
- Experience of setting action plans, setting budgets and following up goals
- Ability to set expectations and provide clear direction understanding of the local market, how people live and competition.
- Understanding Store operations, the IKEA way, Range presentation the IKEA way and In-store logistics the IKEA way.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating high leadership capabilities.
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- A considered decision-maker.
- Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
- A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
- A passion for Home Furnishings and Life at Home.
- Business-minded and goal driven.
- The IKEA values accurately reflect your own values.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- You get as much out of helping your team achieve and develop as you do of your own achievements.
This position is based in Puebla City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.