- 1 Canyon Lodge Highway 63, Bryce Canyon, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Because of the parks popularity, youll have the opportunity to work alongside employees and serve guests from all over the world. With spectacular views, sunrises and sunsets, and a wealth of National Parks, National Monuments, and State Parks close by, working at Bryce is perfect for nature lovers, go-getters, and anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime!
New High Speed Internet installed for the 2020 Season!
The Host is responsible for greeting and seating guests promptly, facilitating guest reservations, and providing excellent customer service.
- Prompt, courteous and proper seating of guests in the restaurant facilities; Follows company policy regarding the seating of guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of table before seating guests.
- Maintains a seating waiting list as necessary.
- Moves tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Accurately records guest reservations; Communicates reservations to front-of-house management and staff at the beginning of each shift and prepares the dining room accordingly.
- Communicates with the Back-of-House management regarding large incoming groups, changes in schedules and any other information that affects kitchen operations.
- Responds to guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with opening and closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Completes required front-of-the-house sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for daily cleaning projects in addition to any other cleaning projects assigned; Ensures the area in and around host stand is clean and litter free.
- Records pick-up and to-go orders as needed and forwards them appropriately; Keeps to-go supplies stocked.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus.
- Assists with various restaurant tasks such as carrying trays, clearing and setting tables, etc., as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; Ability to use and communicate by phone.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register and a credit card machine.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information in person and over the phone.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced and balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc., as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds frequently.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous restaurant, customer service, or related work experience preferred.