- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
- Review completed product safety projects for adequate completeness with respect to our procedures, accreditation requirements and the requirements of safety standards
- Sign certificates declaring compliance with procedures, accreditation requirements and the requirements of standards
- Assist with development and management of procedures and processes
- Assist with training of staff, internal or external
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year electrical engineering degree with at least 5 years’ demonstrated relevant product safety experience with a NRTL,
- Additional experience beyond 5 years will be considered in lieu of an electrical engineering degree
- Experience with ordinary location standards to include, but not limited to, UL/CSA/IEC/EN: 60950-1; 62368-1; 61010-1; 60335-1; 60745-1; and, 62841; and/or,
- Experience with medical device standards IEC/EN/AAMI 60601-1; various collateral and particular standards such as UL/CSA/IEC/EN: 60601-1-6; 60601-1-8; 60601-1-11; 60601-2-4; 60601-2-52 (et al.); along with the risk management concepts: ISO 14971; and/or,
- Experience with US, Canadian and international hazardous location product safety standards such as, but not limited to, UL 913, UL 1203, ISA 12.12.01 (UL 121201), and the UL/CSA/IEC/EN 60079-X family of standards: 60079-0; 60079-1; 60079-2; 60079-7; 60079-11; 60079-15; 60079-18; and 60079-28.
- Familiarity with US OSHA NRTL, Canadian SCC CB, IECEE CB Scheme and IECEx Scheme.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 and ISO 17065 requirements.
The position is Monday - Friday, with a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
What we offer:
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.