Finance Officer in Hoofddorp (0.6 - 0.8 FTE)
- Antareslaan 41, 2132 JE Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Ergomed and PSR joined forces together to create a leading orphan drug development expert team that will allow our clients to implement patient-driven solutions in their clinical trials. People living with a rare disease are at the center of everything we do at PSR. We focus on the patient, and how to make a positive impact on the lives of these patients with a rare disease. The experts at PSR want to deliver a good job, with a lasting impact: for ourselves personally and for the company or patients we commit ourselves to. To achieve this, we take our responsibility and ensure that everyone can make the very most of their unique talents. At the moment we are 65 PSR Orphan Experts strong, of whom 30 work at PSR’s office in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. Circa 30 freelance CRA’s are home-based across Europe and 7 PSR employees are outsourced.
The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for all the accurate and timely accounting & financial tasks in order to keep a neat and sustainable finance administration. The FO will work closely with colleagues in Guildford if needed. PSR Group is looking for a Finance Officer whose personality and work-life balance fits with working in a transitional and therefore dynamic and changing environment.
You will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Maintain the whole financial administration: bank accounts, creditors and debtors.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable management.
- Be the main contact for financial matters at PSR Group to the finance department of Ergomed PLC.
- Daily processing of purchase invoices.
- Enter bank statements.
- Drawing up of all sales invoices and send them to the right clients on a monthly level.
- Arrange and put in ordering new clinical projects in Exact Online.
- Create new accounts in Exact Online for new employees.
- Add colleagues and give them access to specific projects in Exact Online.
- Control and process the timesheets from the freelance employees in Exact Online and ensure their hours are filled in correctly.
- Collect information regarding the WBSO.
- Interacts with the HR Officer regarding salary administration.
- In the long term you become responsible for the weekly payments.
- Other tasks as required
You are a young professional with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance OR you have finished your MEAO or MBA education and you bring 5 years of relevant work experience with you.
- Amount of experience depending on candidate background (see above).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Exact Online.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent organizational skills; can prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be analytical, inquisitive.
- Ability to think pro-active, can-do mentality, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- You are comfortable working in an international team, be able to handle high work pressure at times and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a good team player, but be able to work independently.
- A strong customer focus and customer awareness; maintain good relationship and reputation with internal and external service suppliers and clients.
- Good communication skills excellent in the English and Dutch language, verbal and in writing.
- A high degree of flexibility.
Candidates who live abroad will not be considered.
We are looking for a highly flexible candidate for an average of 0.6 - 0.8 FTE. It is really important for us that you have the ability to work 1 week fulltime due to deadlines and preparation of financial reports in the first week of each month. The ideal picture in a number of FTE’s looks like:
- The first week of the month: 1.0 FTE (important requirement, working from home is possible)
- The second week of the month: 0.6 - 0.8 FTE
- The third week of the month: 0.6 - 0.8 FTE
- Last week of the month: 0.6 - 0.8 FTE