With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
As the Warehouse Supervisor, you will oversee that all warehouse operations are conducted in a safe, secure, and efficient manner in compliance will all local Health and Safety regulations and company policies. You will be the primary point of contact between the Profit Centre sales and operations team and the warehouse team.
Additional duties will include:
- Supervise and train the warehouse team to ensure safe and efficient operation of all warehouse functions
- Ensure all material is received and stored in a safe and economical manner while ensuring all proper paperwork is completed
- Supervise the proper routing, loading and preparation of orders for shipment, delivery and pick up in accordance with customer instructions
- Review and maintain proper driver’s abstracts for drivers and forklift certifications for all forklift operators
- Supervise and schedule the maintenance of all delivery vehicles and material handling equipment in use in the warehouse
- Recommend purchases of new warehouse equipment, ensuring all safety regulations are met
- Safeguard and maintain Profit Centre assets – buildings, fleet, inventory, equipment, and receivables
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Resolve all delivery complaints and receiving disputes quickly and efficiently
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with warehouse management and supervising a team
- A minimum of 2 years of material handling experience
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment used within the Profit Centre
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Possess a strong work ethic and high standard of integrity
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to develop comprehensive knowledge of product sold at the Profit Centre
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.