Health Services Professional
- Bowling Green, KY, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparent’s” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that medication policy and processes are delivered and maintained according to the SCL Regulations and Dungarvin policies.
- Provides ongoing training and in-services to staff along with Dungarvin Nurse (RN or LPN) to ensure the Medication Process is properly in place
- Works hand in hand with Dungarvin’s designated Pharmacy to ensure that all individuals’ prescriptions are up to date, medication labels are current and correct, MAR’s are accurate and all documentation matches (prescriptions to labels to MAR’s).
- Checks in all medications for each individual and ensures that they are correctly delivered to each home for each individual on a weekly basis. Appropriately handles any situations needing correction.
- Serves as the first point of contact for Dungarvin staff related to individuals’ medication questions, issues, etc. Serves as point of contact during the week, on the weekends and after office hours to ensure individual medication needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Assists in other areas of office work and in the homes as needed
- Monitors Medication QA in the homes and reports documentation and medication errors accordingly.
- Attends in-services and workshops to keep abreast of current policies in the field of DDID, home health care and supports for community living waiver services.
- Performs varied duties as necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of Waiver Participants (SCL, MPW) in the SCL program. This may include taking individuals to community outings, doctor appointments, to and from workshop, etc.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- One or more years of office administration and computer experience preferred.
- Previous experience performing customer service and interacting with individuals inside and outside an organization preferred.
- Must have knowledge of medical administration and documentation.
SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL:
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work for error-free medication reviews.
- Possess effective interpersonal, verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people, personalities, situations and backgrounds over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain a professional image and positive work attitude in order to appropriately represent SCL Participants, visitors, candidates and employees.
- Welcoming, friendly and helpful disposition towards callers, visitors and employees.
- Effective at addressing and resolving issues with difficult callers and visitors.
- Possess good common sense to handle unique circumstances, solve problems, and makes routine office administration decisions independently.
- Accurate keyboarding and computer skills; Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Windows and learn other software programs.
- Ability to work as an effective and proactive team-player with employees, co-workers and management.
- Time management and self-management skills necessary.
Hours are generally Monday through Friday, day and early evening hours; however; the residential support assistant must be flexible to accommodate participants, staff, and home needs.
This position assists with taking calls after hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer