Risk Advisory - Cyber Technology & Risk - IT Audit Senior Manager
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
Our 5 areas are as follows:
* Governance Regulatory & Risk – GRR services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
* Data Analytics – By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
* Forensic – Deloitte Forensic professionals are a diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, comprising forensic accountants, legal and law enforcement specialists, and business intelligence experts, all utilising state-of-the-art forensic technology.
* Cyber & Technology Risk – CTR assists organisations in building value, by taking a Risk-Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. We leverage our global network and in-depth industry knowledge, to assist organisations in mitigating the risks associated with internal systems, business processes, projects, applications, data and third-party reliance.
Cyber Risk Services provides industry-tailored solutions, using demonstrated methodologies and tools in a consistent manner, with the goal of enabling on-going, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports service / business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree/Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Attainment of other professional qualifications in addition to CISA e.g. CRISC, CGEIT. CISM, PASA, Prince2, +relevant CPE; Successful completion of MADC
- 7 years working experience, 5 years in a client-facing role (3 of these in a management role)
- 5-7 years Internal Audit/IT Audit experience in the financial services and insurance industry at a minimum
- Experience in business process and controls
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
Ability to ensure an effective risk assessment compilation and mitigation plan execution in alignment with the enterprise risk framework, risk culture, and overall business strategy
Business Process Assessment and Design:
- Ability to create and implement innovative and disruptive business process assessment and design solutions to better address a client’s business needs
Data Analytics and Technology:
Ability to make decisions with confidence based on analysis of available information and transform traditional approaches to solution development
Knows the Business and the Industry:
Ability to advise the client to make decisions that positively impact return on investment; provides subject matter expertise on industry trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices
Ability to project confidence, establish credibility with, and influence clients at all levels
- Ability to adopt a global approach to networking, building eminence, and assembling teams to best serve clients and maximize engagement economics
Sales and Business Development:
Ability to sell potential and current clients on Deloitte’s services and negotiate profitable transactions for the Firm
Enables Financial Reporting Excellence:
- Ability to act as a strategic advisor to CFOs and other client business leaders to promote and embed financial reporting leading practices across the enterprise
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Key Performance Areas
- Support the implementation of strategy of the Service Line / Business Area in relation to specific area of expertise
- Implement the strategy within area of responsibility by conforming to plans set by leadership in all engagements / projects including:
- Revenue targets
- Talent management
- Communication to teams
- Tracking of plans in engagements / projects
- Actively identify sales opportunities in broader market
- Contribute to preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations
- Participate in sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Grow market network with key players and build long-term relationships
- Build relationships across Deloitte service lines for cross-selling opportunities and combined engagement pursuits
- Identify innovative solutions on projects / engagements to enhance / renew service offerings to client
- Drive own client portfolio and profitable book of business (depending on SL/BU)
Client Impact: External / Internal:
- Maintain high level oversight of client engagements / projects
- Form appropriate judgements based on careful analysis to make sound business decisions on engagements / projects
- Develop productive, credible and trusting relationships with key players and their teams during assignments / projects
- Build a network of senior-level internal relationships across Deloitte to understand other business unit offerings and to market own area
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external business leaders across industries
- Contribute to thought leadership and share knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams
- Communicate detail of SLA’s to teams and maintain high level monitoring of adherence by all parties
- Manage engagement/project risk through supervision of completion of required documentation and processes as mandated by RIL, as well as risk to client confidentiality
- Lead / manage complex client engagements and maintain high level oversight of all engagements / projects within sphere of responsibility
- Meet regularly with clients and teams to understand issues, anticipate needs and address these
- Consistently drive improvement on deliverables through effective leadership
- Keep SL/BU leadership updated on status of all assignments
- Communicate need for any changes in engagement / project plan to relevant leadership and obtain agreement for relevant amendments
- Provide ongoing communication to teams on status of engagement / project, changes, achievements, etc.
- Drive Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
Development/Growth of Team:
- Mentor and develop team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Empower managers through appropriate delegation of work
- Develop close working relationships with key talent
- Maintain dynamic succession plans for every critical resource, depending on the profile / need expertise
- Maintain own development and knowledge in specialised area and business
- Demonstrate commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
- Provide consistent recognition and encouragement to teams and lead by example
- Resource engagement teams with suitable talent, balancing correct levels and numbers and recruiting as necessary
- Manage margins effectively through accurate budgeting, pricing and profitability management on engagements
- Monitor that time and expenses to engagements are recorded and submitted weekly
- Oversee WIP on projects / engagements and ensure billings are timeously done and collections followed up
(May) negotiate pricing for engagements to ensure profitability whilst maintaining client interests