Internal Client Services - Clients & Industries Senior Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
Marketing and Communications
Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
About the Job
Implement and manage allocated portions of the Client Programme strategy within the business through effective direction and marketing with a specific focus on executive and board programmes, client markets, on a national platform, as well as special projects that may arise in conjunction within this portfolio. There is a specific focus required on the Africa NED programme as set out below.
Key Performance Areas:
Contributes to input on strategy for Service Area based on area of expertise
Leads implementation of strategy plans agreed by leadership of own Service Area and client Service Area/s including:
→ Development of content for identified change initiatives and drive implementation of these
→ Setting of implementation plans with team/s including timelines, actions and measures for success
→ Delegation to skilled subordinates to deliver
→ Defined communication process to leadership and team members
→ Timely and detailed reporting on status of implementation to leadership
Provides significant support to leadership in communication and implementation of the Firm's strategic objectives
Understands the EXCO mandate to Service Area and communicates this clearly to team/s
Builds strong professional relationships across delegated service line/s to understand business needs in area of responsibility
Establishes and maintains external business relationships within area of expertise to collaborate on, understand and share best practice
Based on expertise and experience, advises and supports Service Line leadership in identification and implementation of innovative solutions to issues arising within area of expertise.
Budgets / Profitability
Provides annual budget input for area of responsibility for approval and integration into Service Area budget
Manages costs for designated area and ensures time and expenses are submitted weekly
Differentiators for this specific role
Support the Deloitte growth agenda through a clear focus on enhancing the Deloitte NED programme, especially having a clear focus on enhancing relationship building opportunities with future and up-and-coming NEDs. This position aims to assist partners in accelerating their ability to build relationships with NEDs, especially future and up-and-coming NEDs and female NEDs.
This role could include the following initiatives:
Drive leadership development programmes for next generation board talent that can play to a shadow board agenda.
Be a business partner to Deloitte partners to support relationship development activities on their respective client portfolios; integrating their activity with our executive and boardroom programmes and implementing a relationship planning process for Lead Client Service Partners and their teams, designed to prioritise client relationships with clear relationship owners and action plans.
Support the Deloitte Women on Boards programme – a leadership development programme designed to support senior executives with the ability and ambition to take on a Non-Executive Director role over the next 12-24 months.
Implement a framework to drive internal cultural change around adopting a long term approach to client relationship development.
The candidate will be required to have a clear focus on all the various regions in Southern Africa including some focus on the Western Cape NED programme.
It is not a pre-requisite for the candidate to be based in a specific region in Southern Africa, but the link with the Africa NED programme and frequent traveling to Gauteng is a pre-requisite.
Brand Equity & Position
Enhance brand equity and brand positioning in the market with a focus on non-executive directors across Africa.
This should include Deloitte presence in social media within this particular target market.
Demonstrate eminence in the Firm and marketplace with published points of views, innovative insights and for this specific target market.
Seek out opportunities to differentiate through innovation and impact
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
Influence - Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
Performance drive - Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
Strategic direction - Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
Talent development - Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
Inspirational leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- Knows the business and industry - Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
- Manages to results - Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
- Manages and executes projects - Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
- Solves problems - Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Manages quality and risk - Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
- Manages change and ambiguity - Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
- Expert in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Exceptional business acumen
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
- Honours Degree
- 10+ years’ experience within relevant function
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- 3 years at senior manager level