Associate Corporate Counsel
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
- Department: Human Resources/Legal
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
Come help us herd cats! We are growing fast. The business is doing new things, and our teams need sound legal guidance integrated into their decision-making processes. We need someone rooted in his/her understanding of the law who can creatively help address the legal issues that confront a growing tech company. And yes, we are a tech company – not just a crafting or scrapbook company. You will ensure that the company operates well within the bounds of the law, offer counsel on legal issues, create systems that act as an effective guardian of the organization and facilitate business strategy development. Come help us grow a cool business that genuinely cares about the consumer – cares about making great products – cares about its own culture and way of working – and cares about doing business in the right way.
- Have a thorough understanding of laws surrounding consumer products, advertising claims, social media, data privacy, contracts and safety compliance
- Don’t be a jerk. Be competent. Be unquestionably ethical. Have a sense of humor. Have humility. Work hard.
- Understand the culture of the company and become an evangelist of its values
- Work with the General Counsel, and the larger team, to develop internal compliance procedures that work within the context of a fast-pace growing business
- Win the hearts and minds of your internal stakeholders
- Foresee risks and help us to not “assume the happy path”
- Interface with domestic and foreign counsel
- Base your counsel on research, integrity and data
- Be able to motivate and drive change with a positive, optimistic influence
- Draft agreements with a thorough understanding of the business that minimize risks and maximize the company’s legal rights
- Be able to act as an “interpreter” from legalese to words that normal (but smart) business people understand
- Process complex, significant matters that cut across legal and business functions and be able to render an informed view to the Team in short order
- Stay “plugged in” to what is happening in the legal world and how that affects Cricut
- Law Degree from a recognized Law School
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, consumer products, advertising, etc.)
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- Outstanding research capability
- At least 3-5 years’ experience advising businesses
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing environment
- And do not have an ego at a size that debilitates you
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!