- Appleton Rd, Ibadan, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting a detail-oriented Project Assistant to support efforts at an Incubation Center of Excellence in Ibadan, Nigeria. The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Project and centre manager, engaging stakeholders and ensuring timelines are adhered to.
Project Monitoring & reporting
- Monitor the progress of the centre’s activities; develop and maintain records, filing and profiling systems and liaise with the centre manager to support their progress.
- Develop drafts and contribute to final written material including reports, summaries and syntheses of information arising from research.
- Apply quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies to the collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Keep an archive for all project documents and provide it when needed.
- Provide direct assistance to the Project Manager on all aspects of the Center.
- Support the day-to-day work of the Center to team members as needed (i.e. provide feedback on reports and or interviews, draft documents, help draw out key themes from data and be able to facilitate small-scale training sessions).
- Liaise with centre partners, including faculty and staff and community partners.
- Organize, attend and contribute to the Center’s events.
- Bachelors Degree in education, social sciences, public administration, communication, or any related field.
- Having 3+ years of relevant experience in a project management role or similar position.
- Having 3+ years of relevant experience in stakeholder management/engagement.
- Experience working effectively with and understanding the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
- Proven skills in project management
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills; with the ability to retrieve, organise and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met, with the ability to prioritise workload without close supervision.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.