- Bellevue Ave, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Store Manager will be responsible for all functions of a Canada Goose retail location. Ultimately, they are responsible for the quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the store. They lead the store management team directly and are accountable for store performance in all areas – Store Financial Performance, People Management & Engagement, Customer Experience and Operational Excellence. They ensure that the respective location achieves its financial targets (revenue and profit). They create an experience that allows customers to continuously conquer the outdoors. They drive operational efficiency. Finally, they lead and mentor their direct reports (Assistant Manager, Operations and Assistant Manager, Experience) to ensure excellence in all areas and they maintain Canada Goose’s expectations of quality and authenticity.
Store Financial Performance:
- Achieve or exceed sales targets including both the top and bottom line results
- Analyze performance metrics on an ongoing basis and leverage this information to maximize revenue and optimize costs for Canada Goose
- Analyze and react to the needs of the business, identify top sellers, slow sellers and fulfillment of merchandising strategy
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience and drive our Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Elevate customer experience and drive respective location’s Units per Transaction (UPT) by actively introducing new, underperforming and strategic categories
- Resolve customer issue trends by investigating opportunities, developing solutions, preparing reports and coaching staff on managing similar challenges in the future
People Management & Engagement:
- Training on standard operating procedures; ensure brand ambassadors have the proper understanding of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the potential impact on the business
- Motivate and inspire the Brand Ambassadors to create brand loyalty and inspire a positive store environment
- Coach and mentor direct reports to improve performance and develop future leaders; identify external talent for Canada Goose’s retail business
- Ensure an outstanding employee experience and drive Employee Engagement
- Analyze and proactively react to inventory planning and maintain proper inventory metrics such as stock-ins, turnover, and flow
- Maintain loss prevention procedures that minimize unnecessary loss and increase security at store locations
- Management of payroll budgets to maximize productivity and enhance customer experience measured by Sales per hour (SPH)
- Performs store opening and closing procedures in alignment with company standards
- Regularly review company’s email and other communication tools to ensure applicable messages are shared with Brand Ambassadors and to act on those messages in a timely manner
- Other responsibilities may be added to meet the needs of the business
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 3 to 5 years of store management experience
- Experience working with affluent and luxury brands is an asset
- Previous Flagship or high-volume traffic experience is an asset
- Experience in maintaining operational excellence in retail stores (payroll, shrink management, inventory management, etc.)
- Experience with opening new stores
- Proven leadership qualities in developing and mentoring retail leaders
- Store profit and loss (P&L), payroll and expense management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership Skills- recruitment and development of talent (managers and brand ambassador levels)
- Strong grasp of presenting to groups and managing product knowledge (PK) sessions
- Solid understanding of retail math and using analytics in a business environment
- Operations specialist- driving performance through internal KPI’s
- Analytical driver with keen attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and flexible to work retail hours (standard, peak and holiday)
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of retail metrics
- Strong negotiation skills combined with an adaptable approach to selling
- Ability to establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Employee Development: leverage impactful development plans and performance management to collaboratively draw the best out of each employee.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and know when to seek guidance
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, authentic, passionate, relentless, and entrepreneurial
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in another language is an asset
- Environment: This position is based in a Canada Goose Flagship Store in either a prominent high-street (Stand Alone) or a Premium Shopping Centre (Mall) environment. These are large (4500 Square Foot) stores, newly built or renovated. The expectation is that the Store Manager is leading on the floor.
- Hours: This position is a critical leader as she/he is responsible for customer and employee experience. This position will be required to be available based on the needs of the business. Weekends are a key part of the business and most weekends will require the Store Manager for at least 1 weekend day. In the early days of opening stores, peak and holiday business, nights and weekends will be required regularly.
- Typical workday: The Store Manager will be a leader on the selling floor. A typical day will involve reviewing store and brand ambassador performance metrics, while the balance will be spent meeting with the Store Leadership Team and coaching to the KPI’s. Most of this time is spent on the floor and on your feet. The most successful Store Managers will lead from the floor and lead by example.