To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Do you miss the Witcher Universe? Then we have good news for you: we are working on the new Witcher Saga trilogy!
We are looking for a Lighting Artist who is ready to contribute to achieving the best lighting results in an open world. Make it real by working on Unreal Engine and contribute to the memorable story that gamers will believe in.
- Working on the game that delivers unforgettable experiences to players.
- Creating dramatic and compelling lighting that supports photorealistic rendering.
- Using light to enhance environmental storytelling.
- Using light to establish depth and layering in a scene while at the same time supporting the story and characters.
- Deconstructing lighting and textures in a physically based renderer to establish appropriate color correct values.
- Keeping artistic style consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- Collaborating and communicating constructively with other Artists, Designers and Engineers.
- Ensuring that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule.
- At least 3 years' experience in the role of Lighting/Environment Artist gained in the games industry (experience in AAA games is preferred).
- Good knowledge of lighting tools, pipelines, and willingness to establish new technical processes while challenging existing ones.
- Good knowledge of direct and indirect light, luminance, color theory, and composition.
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine, its Lumen Global Illumination and Reflections system, rendering features and general workflows.
- Awareness of the technical and performance limitations of real-time lighting.
- Self-driven to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to easily cooperate with others.
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Interest and/or experience in photography.
- Interest and/or experience in cinematography.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.