Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Test Technician
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs roughly 410,000 people across 165 countries. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected manufacturing. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Our Automotive Electronics Department is responsible for developing Body Computer Modules, Secure Central Gateways and Vehicle Security Products. With capabilities covering end-to-end the complete Development and New Product Introduction process we are managing and implementing global platform projects, tailored for our Original Equipment customers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us as an EMC Test Technician. The role is based at our Head Office in Clayton.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Conduct EMC testing of automotive and non-automotive products, producing quality results on time
- Provide EMC inputs for product development and design of new products, components or systems
- Generate EMC Test Plans and contribute EMC elements to Data Validation/Product Validation Test Specifications
- Actively initiate improvements in the EMC process
- Hold current National Association Testing Authorities Signatory status
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with defined procedures as well as relevant International Standards
The successful applicant will be results oriented, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, be a team player and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the field of EMC Testing
- Experience in reading Schematics or Electrical Wiring diagrams is advantageous
- Proficient in use of EMC32 and/or Nexio BAT-EMC test software is advantageous
- Understanding of EMC international testing standards and specifications (i.e. ISO/IEC, CISPR25, JASO) is highly regarded
- Exhibit passion for self-drive, pro-activeness, accountability and attention to details
- Demonstrate good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- Infrequent domestic travel may be required
We recognise that our employees are our greatest asset. Through the diversity of our business and commitment to personal and career development, we can provide you a new and exciting opportunity so you can achieve your full potential.
We offer our employees:
- The ability to work flexibly
- Training and development programs to help you reach your full potential
- Up to 28 weeks of paid Parental Leave (in addition to government paid parental leave)
- Superannuation on unpaid Parental Leave
- The option to purchase additional annual leave
- A wide range of Health and Wellbeing programs
- Support and counselling services with work or personal matters through our Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 50 weeks Income Protection for permanent employees
- Journey Accident Insurance
- Diverse and exciting career opportunities, both local and international
- Discounts on Bosch products and as well as products from affiliated brands
Bosch values diversity in the workplace and in our recruitment activities. We actively pursue a recruiting strategy that works towards eliminating unconscious bias. To apply, click I'm Interested and submit your application and include a current copy of your resume.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian work rights, to apply for this role.
Bosch does not accept any agency submissions unless approval has been given by a member of the Bosch HR Team. All agency submissions must be submitted directly to Bosch HR. Potential candidates submitted by an agency directly to any Bosch employee or manager without Bosch HR approval will not be considered by Bosch. Bosch will not be liable for a recruitment fee in these circumstances. Any agency terms and conditions must be signed by Bosch HR indicating acceptance.