- 4421 SC-81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Production processes already generate large amounts of data. As products and processes evolve, more data becomes available. The data collection methods must continually evolve toward more automated methods to support the data proliferation. This position will be at the forefront of our efforts to update our manufacturing data collection technologies and others such as AI for analytics, autonomous driving vehicles and big data analytics. This position will report to a Team Leader responsible for Industry 4.0 expansion within the Manufacturing Department. This department is one of many on-site that are all in the process of modernizing data collection and analysis.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate project implementation with various groups within the plant such as IT Infrastructure, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Quality.
2. Interface with Bosch Central Departments to roll out standard initiatives into our production department.
3. Network inside and outside the Bosch organization to identify innovative solutions and bring them to our manufacturing plant.
4. Participate in teleconferences and in-person workshops to exchange ideas. Interface effectively with international colleagues, share knowledge and present status plans. Travel once or twice per year, including internationally, may be necessary.
5. Understand the underlying technology currently in use. Understand and learn the new technology and concepts be introduced. Act as a local reference for colleagues responsible for implementing new technology or initiative.
6. Train and educate the user community to adopt and utilize the new solutions, software, processes, etc.
7. Report project status to various partners and levels in the Bosch Organization.
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or other related technical field.
2. Two years of experience in manufacturing data collection, application implementation, Industry 4.0 or related field.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
4. Various IT areas like Industry 4.0, IT security in manufacturing, Networking, Web interfaces, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Databases, Cyber Security, Programming languages (concepts & practice), Data Science
5. Project Management skills to set and achieve desired schedules and goals.
6. Leading a cross functional team who are not direct reports.
7. German language is a plus.
Planning and Organizing: Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
Results and Future Orientation: Set high targets for yourself and others. Manage complexity with courage and responsibility.
Leading Yourself and Others: Manage your strengths and weaknesses. Continuous learning for personal and professional growth. Drive and enable others to achieve top performance.
Cooperation and Communication: Build lasting relationships throughout the organization. Present ideas and concepts to different audiences to achieve goals.
Breadth and Depth of Knowledge: Derive sustainable solutions based on cross-functional knowledge. Use analytical skills to solve complex tasks.