Packager Warehouse First Shift
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 28-June-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under direct supervision, the Packager receives, unpacks, checks and stores materials and products. The Packager fills requisitions/orders and packages materials and products to ensure products are shipped accurately and timely. This includes minimal use of forklifts or other mobile equipment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on pick sheet, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition, assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or in crates.
- Appropriately labels and marks packages with identifying information.
- Conveys materials or items to storage or to other designated areas.
- Builds and bands crates as needed.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities.
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level.
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- 3+ months or Warehouse or Shipping experience in a manufacturing environment
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic computer skills
- Time Management – prioritizing work to meet internal and/or external customer demands
- Detail Oriented – ensures accuracy of counts, weights, and items to meet internal and/or external customer demands
- Basic Math skills
- Good communication skills
- Capable of mobile equipment operation
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.