Engineering Technician I
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 1-Nov-2019
- Department: Production Engineering
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The Engineering Technician I performs Detailing activities on assigned projects and adheres to schedule and accuracy requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Detail building parts and create fab drawings from engineering design and project note
- Create erection drawings, approval drawings, permit drawings, and anchor rod drawings
- Develops own basic product and procedure knowledge and improves technical knowledge
- Uploads parts and edit parts into the manufacturing system and releases to manufacturing
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Assures customer service needs are met by meeting schedules
- Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high-performance work team
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associate or 2-year technical degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience or completion of BlueScope Buildings Drafting Program in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Algebra and Trigonometry
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) or conventional steel experience
- CAD training
Technical Skills & Competencies
- PC competence (Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Action oriented
- Functional and technical skills
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Technical learning
- Ethics and values
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Peer relationships
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.