Team Member, Bendigo VIC
- Bendigo VIC 3550, Australia
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Metalcorp business in our Bendigo team as a Team Member. Metalcorp is a leading rural Australian steel distributor, suppling brands for the land through our branches and stockists across Australia.
You will be flexible to work rotating split shifts from 5:00am -1:00pm and 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
This role will offer variety and scope for an enthusiastic team player who enjoys the full spectrum of a busy workplace. Safety is at the core of everything we do and as such we are seeking a team member who has a strong belief and good attitude towards safety, including a willingness to support and encourage others to behave safely in everything we do.
What Will You Do?
- safe loading and unloading of steel product from trucks
- product movement using overhead cranes and forklifts
- processing Machines and equipment operation (training provided)
- ensure the safety of yourself and your co-workers
- customer service
- high level of customer satisfaction
More About You
We are looking for individuals who are committed to our success and are driven by self-development.
- You will bring:
- strong communication, problem solving and self-management skills
- the ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- strong focus on customer satisfaction
- high attention to detail
- high commitment to safety
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday April 16th 2021