HEAD OF TRADE MARKETING Canada
- 4067 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2W 1Y7, Canada
- Believe departments: Distribution
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
Believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!
The position is responsible for working with key digital retail partners and help coordinate with our international offices on front-line marketing initiatives for our extensive new release schedule and catalogue. Experience in Digital Marketing and digital retail promotion across streaming platforms and mobile is integral to the role. The position reports directly to the Global Head of Trade Marketing for Distribution, and Global Head of Artist Services Trade Marketing, as well as the local Head of Sales for Distribution. The Head of Trade Marketing manages the local Trade Marketing team and ensures that the global strategy for Trade Marketing is implemented. In addition, a strong focus on educating the team, plus Label Managers on best practices, strategy and the evolution of platforms.
1. Team Management:
- Define OKRs for team members, in line with Distribution Trade Marketing strategy.
- Manage and set the agenda for weekly meeting with CA label managers.
- Provide support and supervision on a day to day basis.
- Training of new team members, with support from E-Learning platform and Global Head.
2. Digital Retail:
- Working with key digital retailers to ensure they are aware of priority releases, optimising the promotional information that is available and ensuring our releases receive strong coverage.
- Build relationships with retailers and develop new ways to further catalogue visibility.
- Focus on International Key Release strategy, with a clear objective of breaking acts internationally in multiple markets.
- Collaborating on the conception, development and rollout of new marketing and promotion services for artists.
- Work with the Label Management team to ensure we are able to work as early as possible on key projects, building innovative and engaging marketing campaigns.
3. Internal Process:
- Work closely with Global Head of Trade Marketing to ensure Trade Marketing strategy is adhered to on a local level, with a strong attention to internal processes.
- Develop training modules and best practices to spread knowledge, in collaboration with Global Head.
- Attend and contribute to weekly International Call.
- Contribute weekly to audio bulletin.
- Set one on one meetings with label managers for strategy meetings on key releases.
Bilingual :french and english a must
Strong knowledge of the Quebec market required
Lead discussion with US based Canadian editors to develop and strengthen DSP relationships
Quarterly US DSP listening sessions
Lead and develop global understanding of the Canadian market with TM/LM/ARMs globally, educate on the market
Job will involve teleworking (work from home) and bi-weekly office meetings. Can be located in Montreal or Toronto