Area Sales Representative, Key Accounts
- Lagos, Nigeria
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
1. Job Summary
- Responsible for the growth and effective management of the BIC & LUCKY range of products in all Modern Trade and Key Account outlets to yield (ROI).
2. Main Responsibilities / Tasks
o Grow in the sales volumes of the organization within the assigned customers and territories.
o Generate orders and drive prompt delivery.
o Follow-up on Receivables and Overdue Invoices, thereby improving business opportunities within the accounts.
o Proper liaison between customers with the relevant stakeholders (sales, finance, supply chain, and factory) to guarantee growth and customer satisfaction.
o Ensure price compliance in the raising of and execution of customer order.
o Manage the relevant documentation for delivery to customers.
o Promotions and Activations Management.
o POSM Distribution and Management.
o Managing merchandisers and ensure they meet the required KPI’s
o Accurate reporting of competitors activations.
3. Key Performance Indicators / Key Figures
- Achieve sales targets.
- New Outlet Recruitments and New Product listing
- Frequency of orders and delivery
- Service Level (Turn Around Time)
- Timely Reporting
- R- 2 years and above relevant work experience in key accounts
- R - Relevant experience in sales and MT management.
- R - Perfect knowledge of Microsoft operating system especially Power-Point & Excel
- R - Business and results oriented with proven negotiation skills.
- R - Able to identify new sales opportunities (new customers, new segments)
- R - Understand the process and procedures of key customers and provide solutions to their needs
- R – Ability to Work smart and able to work without supervision.
- R - Ability to Multi-task and work under pressure.
- D – Analytic and ability to interpret sales Data.
- R - A self-starter, working under their own initiative... and a completer/finisher
- R - Ability to analyze and provide clear recommendations
- R - Good communication skills (writing & verbal)
- R - Good Presentation Skills and Negotiation
- R - Build strong relationships with both key external and internal customers
- R - Energy and passion for achievement of own commitments and delivering company objectives
- D - Able to influence and persuade others to take a specific course of action
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.